Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Card Questions

I apped and was approved for a Chase Marriott Rewards suprisingly with a 5K limit last December.  Can you product change from a Marriott card to Sapphire? Or is it not allowed because it's a specific brand card?  I've read through the forums about how Chase will just close your account on a whim, and while I want to ask for a CLI, I'm afraid they'll shut the card down!  Any thoughts or advice?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Card Questions

You're stuck with the Marriott card since you can't product change it to any other card (maybe the new Marriott card they released if you haven't "upgraded" yet). As for a card shutdown simply because you're requesting a CLI is not a concern you should worry about. As long as you're okay with the HP inquiry you'll be fine just don't expect a huge CLI from them if you do.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah..that helps thanks!

Message 3 of 4
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I apped and was approved for a Chase Marriott Rewards suprisingly with a 5K limit last December.  Can you product change from a Marriott card to Sapphire? Or is it not allowed because it's a specific brand card?  I've read through the forums about how Chase will just close your account on a whim, and while I want to ask for a CLI, I'm afraid they'll shut the card down!  Any thoughts or advice?  Thanks in advance!

I dont think you wil have anything to worry about unless you opened alot of new accounts since your approval.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.