Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved - Plus Questions

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom Approved - Plus Questions

I was going to keep this to myself, but I did get approved for a Chase Freedom card recently and got the card in the mail today. I'm happy to be approved, but also disappointed in the CL. Anyways, when I called to activate the card, I got a lady on the phone who started to just make sure I knew about the points system, cash back offers, etc. Real nice rep, didnt try to sell me anything, just sounded very helpful. Is this the normal activation process with Chase? Cause thats really nice, I guess im so use to the Cap One, Orchard, etc etc of them trying to sell my their lousy credit monitoring service or their insurance programs. Its nice not having to go through a sales call to activate my card.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Approved - Plus Questions

I just activated a Chase Freedom last week and went through the same pleasant experience.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Datx wrote:

I was going to keep this to myself, but I did get approved for a Chase Freedom card recently and got the card in the mail today. I'm happy to be approved, but also disappointed in the CL. Anyways, when I called to activate the card, I got a lady on the phone who started to just make sure I knew about the points system, cash back offers, etc. Real nice rep, didnt try to sell me anything, just sounded very helpful. Is this the normal activation process with Chase? Cause thats really nice, I guess im so use to the Cap One, Orchard, etc etc of them trying to sell my their lousy credit monitoring service or their insurance programs. Its nice not having to go through a sales call to activate my card.

Are you keeping secrets from your myfico family? LOL!

Congratulations on the new card.  What limit did you get?

Message 3 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

Its pretty normal when I call on they seem very professional and great customer service

Message 4 of 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Datx wrote:

LOL. Yea, I was trying to lay low and not app for stuff but I hit the 'apply' button and ugh, kinda regret it now. Ugh...

I got a low CL of $500. My very first card from Chase ever.

Message 5 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

I got mine through a branch when I opened up a savings account, so I didn't have to go though all of that, but I did go through with it with the CSR at the branch, he went over everything one by one to make sure I knew everything that was involved. So far, I haven't had any problems with my specific Chase branch and their services.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 6 of 17
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Datx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Datx wrote:

LOL. Yea, I was trying to lay low and not app for stuff but I hit the 'apply' button and ugh, kinda regret it now. Ugh...

OK, in my book when they say YES, I am happy. The alternative would be a HP and a NO to go with it. Have no regrets, they said YES!

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least you are in the Chase family.  I'm still on the outside looking in at the Freedom and Southwest cards while breathing on the window. LOL!

Don't worry about the CL...from what I've read, it will grow over time.

Message 8 of 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

OK, in my book when they say YES, I am happy. The alternative would be a HP and a NO to go with it. Have no regrets, they said YES!

Yea, I guess I havent really looked at it that way. I just regret it, because I made a poor decision to apply for it now when I made plans to go for it at the end of the year where I see myself in better credit situation wise, which probably would have gotten me a better limit. But whats done is done, and you're right, at least they didnt say no.

Message 9 of 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

At least you are in the Chase family.  I'm still on the outside looking in at the Freedom and Southwest cards while breathing on the window. LOL!

Don't worry about the CL...from what I've read, it will grow over time.

Yea, and the nice $300 bonus going around is an awesome offer too. Hopefully the CL will grow, we'll see.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.