Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI Declined - Recon?

tag
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI Declined - Recon?

Hello everyone,

So I've been happily gardening for a little bit and seeing my limits grow quite nicely, except for my Freedom which is sitting at its original CL. I have run the hard through quite heavily and have always PIF, so I recently asked for a CLI via secure message center (forgot about the HP... Smiley Sad). Anyways, I was denied and I got the letter on Friday. What recourse do I have? I know Chase has good recons, but the letter has some valid points that I think I can argue away, but I don't know. Also, my CLI would kick my CL above 5k, so how would the whole Signature upgrade work, assuming I was approved?

Here are the reasons by the way:

Length of time accounts have been established - new to credit; thin file

Lack of installment loan information - Not quite sure what this means.

Too many inquiries - from establishing credit. BoA is responsible for 3 of them. (secured, graduation, cli)

Length of time accounts have been established - thin file.

The letter says my TU score is 735 and I would really like the CLI to buy some gifts off Amazon for the holidays. Any advice?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI Declined - Recon?

Not worth trying again getting a HP for the same no 

Work on the points the letter states and try again after that

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I didn't know Chase pulled another HP for recon, but then again, I'm not completely well-versed on how Chase operates. Would contacting the EO solve anything? I mean, I don't want to fight a lost cause, but I also think I have valid points on why I should get a CLI. It's not a necessity, so I'm just wondering my likelihood that I'll be successful. 

Message 3 of 18
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Does the letter say the score ranges from 300-850 or 250-900?
[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 4 of 18
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@kkapdolee wrote:
Does the letter say the score ranges from 300-850 or 250-900?

It said it ranges from 250-900.

Message 5 of 18
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Ok thanks. Thats another data point that supports my observations. You're score is most likely a Fico 08 bankcard enhanced score.
[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 6 of 18
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Glad I could add a data point. 

@kkapdolee wrote:
Ok thanks. Thats another data point that supports my observations. You're score is most likely a Fico 08 bankcard enhanced score.

Message 7 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

How long have you had the Freedom? More than a year?
Message 8 of 18
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

6 months. The CSR told me that I was eligible for a CLI at 6 months, so I went ahead with it. Is a year having the card the minimum? 

Message 9 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I didn't know Chase pulled another HP for recon, but then again, I'm not completely well-versed on how Chase operates. Would contacting the EO solve anything? I mean, I don't want to fight a lost cause, but I also think I have valid points on why I should get a CLI. It's not a necessity, so I'm just wondering my likelihood that I'll be successful. 

As myjourney mentioned above, those solid key points on the CLI decline will be the same points that the EO will address since the EO will re-route your request again to the underwriting/credit analyst group.  The EO does not make the underwriting decision, they simply refer your matter to the appropriate area.  They will HP again, and the outcome will likely be the same.  Unless a significant change ocurred from the time you received the letter, then that would be the only possibility for any positive reconsideration outcome.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.