Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Visa Signature CL

tag
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom Visa Signature CL

I finally received my new Chase Freedom Visa Signature card today with a CL of $15K.  I thought the Visa Signature cards have no limit.

Can somebody explain to me how that works?  

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature CL

Visa signature cards are NPSL.

That means you can use more than 15K, though those transactions are subject to approval by Chase. Your real hard limit will depend on a lot of factors.

Whatever amount you use in excess of 15K is due in full when your bill is due.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 3
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature CL

The way Visa Signature's work is that there is no preset spending limit.  The 15k hard limit provided means that you can't carry a balance greater than that value at the end of a billing cycle.  You can charge over it, but it's on you to pay off any balance greater than the 15k.

At least this is how I understand it.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.