Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG - CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase IHG - CLD

I just received a letter today from Chase in which it states they are reducing my IHG credit line 50%, from $16,800 to $8,400 due to the fact I spend "far below my available credit limit"... Fair enough.

Chase is battening the hatches for the coming Recession by reducing unsecured exposure.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase IHG - CLD

Sorry about your CLD.

How much of your CL were you using and how often did you use the card? 

Message 2 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Received the same notice about a year ago on my Chase Amazon.

They cut that line basically in half.

You can call and contest it , if you want to. I never bothered.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear, yet another Chase CLD. 

I have been carrying a $1,200 average balance on my $11K FU since my approval because I'm on a 0% promo. I've also been putting about $300-400 monthly spend on it, as well as paying $400 per month. So i hope they don't CLD me on that card. My $14K Sapphire which was just PC'd from CSP in April only gets little use monthly, $100 max. Though it recently had a $4K BT that was paid off a few months ago that I carried for 8ish months. This is the card I would expect a CLD on and wouldn't truly mind, I could live with 50% of it. I just don't want to. 

Message 4 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting on a hotel card to get a CLD atm..  I have my marriott sitting at 20k, but not using it for obvious reasons.  Forunately havent yet been hit with a CLD, but the CSR is still getting good use to hopefully they leave my poor marriott alone and just collect their AF on my marriott card and give me my free night Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Sorry for your misfortune. Nice scores btw

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 21
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Maybe they can send some of that CLD to my piddly $2k limit IHG that seem to be maxing out every two weeks and having to keep paying every few days just to have available credit!

Message 7 of 21
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received a letter today from Chase in which it states they are reducing my IHG credit line 50%, from $16,800 to $8,400 due to the fact I spend "far below my available credit limit"... Fair enough.

Chase is battening the hatches for the coming Recession by reducing unsecured exposure.

I believe you can call them and ask for them not to decrease your CL.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Guess what I received in the mail today? lol

The same letter as @Anonymous . They want to cut my Freedom line down to $5700 from $11,500. I didn't contest the Amazon $9K cut.

I called in a few minutes ago. And the CSR said they wouldn't cut it, because I called in. Ok that was easy enough. Took less than 5 mins. So, if you want to keep your line. Just call OP.

This is why I'll continue to be pro Credit union as a whole.So far I've never had a trade line reduced from ANY of my credit unions.

That's also why they get the majority of my spend. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Would be interesting to see collated data on probability and amount of a CLD vs. average monthly spend on the card over say the last year vs. the AF on the card. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.