But it's not my money. Smiley Sad

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Palladium?

@irunfromcredit wrote:

I actually do have a few chase cards...freedom, United and Marriott. The United and Marriott are my go to cards for travel.  But BF feels I should be on his card and SD my cards.  

We both bank with Chase, but now I'm wondering if adding me to his palladium would boost my score. He is in the 800 range and I'm in the low to mid 700 range. 

If you have established credit and cards with Chase, being an AU on his card isn't going to do much for your scores if at all, but on the other hand it can't hurt unless he screws up the account.  

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@irunfromcredit wrote:

the card seems too high class for me. Smiley Happy

Ditto. Even if I met the financial requirements, it would still be too high class for me. It's a damned handsome card, though!

Message 13 of 35
tacpoly
Established Contributor

I believe an AU will get a plastic card unless the primary account holder specifically requests a metal one.  It's something to ask about if these things are important to you.

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd get it if I ever qualify.  Even if it is "just to have it."

Message 15 of 35
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd get it if I ever qualify.  Even if it is "just to have it."

That's a pretty expensive fashion statement, lol. 

Also to a previous user, correct me if I am wrong, but I have a hard time believing that an AU would get the actual card made of precious metals and Palladium. I have read that each card costs upwards of $1,000 to make. To me, I feel that an AU would not get that and instead would be issued plastic or a CSP similar card. 

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a boss that had this card. So fancy looking I had never seen one before. I didn't want to ask, and be noisy so of course I didn some google sluething. lol. If you don't need it, I wouldn't. Forge your own credit path.

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course, if this would help your credit journey and it would be benificial to YOU totally go for it. Swanky is as swanky does. 

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

can he add me to it? 

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you actually fly private jets or buy full-fare business class tickets, the card doesn't offer much that CSP doesn't.

And if you don't know what "full fare" means, your jaw would probably drop at seeing the high prices.

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.