Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Q1 categories

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Q1 categories

I've never used Android pay before and was wondering where you guys use it?

Also thinking of paying my Verizon bill ahead a bit to get 5% off as well.

Any thoughts/advice for Chase Q1?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Q1 categories

I went ahead and changed the payment method for my cable/internet.  Combined with gas purchases, it should be a pretty productive quarter.

Anyone know if SiriusXM subscription counts as a streaming service for Chase?  I switched them over as well just in case.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s any purchase made with Apple or chase pay? So anywhere that takes it counts? That’s awesome if so
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking of this as well, how do you do it? Just enter a larger amount than the bill? Also I have a $300 left on my phone payments, do you think it will get 5% if I pay it off, I read that hardware purchases don't count towards the 5%. 

Best buy would be a good place to use mobile payments. ANd I am lucky enough that the local beer bodega accepts Apple pay, so my beer will be 5% woot!

Message 4 of 8
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What phone do you have?  If it's a relatively new Samsung you want to use Samsung Pay.  It includes technology that simulates a card swipe so it is usable just about everywhere.  I took a trip to Chicago for Christmas and didn't use an actual card the whole time, only my phone.  So I'm pretty much getting 5% on my first $1500 in spend this quarter.  Add in the 10% on gas stations and Sam's Club from Disco and I'm going to have a profitable quarter.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

EAJuggalo, thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I've got an old HTC but if Chase decides to continue with mobile wallet categories Samsung will most likely be my next phone.
Message 6 of 8
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I don't have the Freedom card, so I'm not an expert on the quarterly bonus categories, but it seems to me that "mobile payments" as a bonus category provides a golden opportunity to turn Q1 into a second grocery store quarter.  I often shop at Whole Foods, and their registers accept mobil payments.  I'm guessing that there are other grocery stores that do the same.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 8
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Really it's an extra everything category.  I've only run into a handful of places where my Samsung Pay wouldn't work.  And I guess it doesn't work at drive-thrus, but everywhere else it does.  I know Apple Pay and Android Pay are more restrictive but there are still a great many places that it will work at.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.