Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sent Me the Wrong Amazon Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sent Me the Wrong Amazon Card

I had a Gut feeling this will happen.. and it finally did! So Frustrated right now..

When I appd they approved for the Amazon Visa Card and not the Prime Card. Called and was told I was not a Prime member because my access to Prime was only shared by someone (friend of mine) that same day very moment I paid a for Prime membership.

After couple of days everything was shifted to Amazon Prime account. My Chase and Amazon Account.

Couple of days ago, I received a notification of my card being shipped. It arrived today and I was mailed the regular plastic Amazon Rewards Card.

Called Chase and was told I have to wait 45 days before they can mail me the metal prime card. I said BS! Just order me a replacement. Everything on my account says Amazon Prime anyways and why do I have to wait 45 days.

Argghhh!! Chase has been nothing but a dissapointment 4 me.. From the Freedom FU and now this.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sent Me the Wrong Amazon Card

It's just a card. really. The benefits are the same

Seriously though, is it that big of a deal if you dont get the metal one for 45 days? I have a plastic one that was upgraded.  But, I havent gotten my new card yet..I could really care less if it takes 60 or 90 days to get the new style card...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't you just say you lost the card and ask to over night it?

Message 3 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

As long as you're getting the proper rewards, does it really matter? Yes it's annoying not to have the "right" card but at the end of the day it spends the same, and gets you the same benefits, so I wouldn't stress over it.

Message 4 of 29
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Gut feeling this will happen.. and it finally did! So Frustrated right now..

When I appd they approved for the Amazon Visa Card and not the Prime Card. Called and was told I was not a Prime member because my access to Prime was only shared by someone (friend of mine) that same day very moment I paid a for Prime membership.

After couple of days everything was shifted to Amazon Prime account. My Chase and Amazon Account.

Couple of days ago, I received a notification of my card being shipped. It arrived today and I was mailed the regular plastic Amazon Rewards Card.

Called Chase and was told I have to wait 45 days before they can mail me the metal prime card. I said BS! Just order me a replacement. Everything on my account says Amazon Prime anyways and why do I have to wait 45 days.

Argghhh!! Chase has been nothing but a dissapointment 4 me.. From the Freedom FU and now this.

Just calm down. If you unlink the Amazon from Prime account, then it is a regular Amazon card. Prime is the only place you get 5%. It does not matter what Amazon card you use. Be plastic or metal. You only get 5% at Prime account check-out. At other place, the two cards are the same.

If you really want the physical metal card, you'll have to link the Amazon CC to the Prime account again. And wait for the metal card to arrive. You just do not get two Chase Prime CCs with the same Prime account. You just have to keep swapping then. Then what is the point of doing it?? Just for $2?

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

It's just a card. really. The benefits are the same

Seriously though, is it that big of a deal if you dont get the metal one for 45 days? I have a plastic one that was upgraded.  But, I havent gotten my new card yet..I could really care less if it takes 60 or 90 days to get the new style card...

Its more of a frustration with Chase.. As I said.. I had problems with them as well when they process my appd for the Chase FU.

They just couldn't get it right for me..

Message 6 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Its ok to feel frustrated OP, as i understand its something you were looking forward to. How many people in the world love their credit cards like we do here at Ficoland. Nothing wrong with being let down happens to us all at some point. Everyones points so far are valid as its " just" a card but hey its not everyday one will get a metal cc. Not everyone can qualify for a Ritz or CSR. Being honest id be upset too, am only human, but in the end i wouldnt mind waiting 45 days. It is what it is but hope you eventually get your new card OPSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

You weren't a Prime member when you app'd. Give them time to handle all the cards for the members who were, they will ship it.

Get the RC card and you will never have to wait for Chase again, lol (excellent customer service).

Message 8 of 29
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Before you bought your own Prime subscription, how were you sharing with your friend? Was it Amazon Household?

I ask because my partner and I share a Prime membership through Amazon Household,  and Amazon says this is a valid membership for the 5% Visa. 

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Before you bought your own Prime subscription, how were you sharing with your friend? Was it Amazon Household?

I ask because my partner and I share a Prime membership through Amazon Household,  and Amazon says this is a valid membership for the 5% Visa. 

Yes, via Amazon Household.. Then I appd for the card and was wondering why I got approved for the basic card and not the Prime. Called Chase and they explained to me that I'm not technically a Prime member because the Prime was shared to me. So I paid for a membership immediately..

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.