Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Approval question

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Chase Slate Approval question

Idk why i apped for the chase slate. Which right there i know i shouldn't have done it. I got the "we are reviewing your application and will contact within 30 days with our decesion yada yada. Whats interesting is if i call the chase application status line, there is no app for me? They did pull TU so i know it went through.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
thelastoneonearth
Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Approval question

Sometimes it doesn't pull up right away if you call the line. However, the line barely updates. I'd call them first thing the next day. I got the same message when I applied for CSP. They needed to verify info before approving.

Capital One Secured Platinum $750.00, Amazon Store Card $500.00, AEO Visa $4000.00, PlayStation Credit Card $500.00, My BestBuy Platinum MasterCard $1000.00 Amazon Chase $500.00 Discover IT $1500. Chase Disney Premier Visa $5000. Barclays Carnival Cruise MasterCard $500 Bank of America Norwegian Visa Signature $1500 "Apple Card" $1700 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000

My future card list:
Amex BCE
Citi Hilton Honors
AAOA 1.2years
Message 2 of 11
IMCUTE2
Contributor

Hello All,

I applied for Chase Slate on October 1, 2014 and didn't get an instant approval.  I received the same message I should receive a letter in the mail.  If its approved I would receive my card along with all the information regarding APR terms and conditions.  2 days later I receive and alert from Chase since I bank with them and the account for the Slate showed up with a $3000 cl.  I don't know the interest rate because its not showing up on the account as of now.  I do have a Chase Freedom card with a limit of $3000. I hope this helps. Chase checked TransUnion and Experian for me.

Fico Scores as of 10/1/14 EQ 719  TU 700 EX 668

FICO08 TU 785 EQ 763 EX 744 as of 05/06/15 GOAL 800+ ALL 3 BY 2016
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
Idk why i apped for the chase slate. Which right there i know i shouldn't have done it. I got the "we are reviewing your application and will contact within 30 days with our decesion yada yada. Whats interesting is if i call the chase application status line, there is no app for me? They did pull TU so i know it went through.
You should've applied for The Chase AARP Cash Rewards Visa or The Chase AARP Travel Rewards Visa, They are better than The Slate Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Slate is probably one of the best cards for balance transfers, though after that, it is pretty useless.
Message 5 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Just logged into account this am. Chase slat is showing up to to With a 6200 limit, 12.9 % interest after 15 months 0 percent.

Credit karam score 698
tu fico- 672
Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

So, what was the reasoning for applying for this CC?

Message 7 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Idk why i apped for the chase slate.

Hopefully becasue you were intending to transfer balances since the Slate isn't very useful otherwise.  Make sure you know the why before you app for anything.

Message 8 of 11
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Why would anyone randomly apply for a Slate card? If you needed a fix at least get something that has a sign-up bonus. 

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Why would anyone randomly apply for a Slate card? If you needed a fix at least get something that has a sign-up bonus. 

Exactly, and as pointed out by others, the card is pretty useless unless there's a planned BT.  But hey, someone needed a fix!  Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.