Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Credit Card Increase

tag
rapprt
Established Member

Chase Slate Credit Card Increase

I just received an email from Chase saying that I may be eligible for a credit line increase on my existing card.  They said no credit inquiry necessary.  My score is about 690, but my utilization is at about 85%.  Is it worth it to try and get approved, or will I be denied bc of utilization?  It did say that the offer is based on existing info from my account.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate Credit Card Increase

If it is a soft inquiry, go for it.  You have absolutely nothing to lose.  Update the thread with results should you go for it.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it OP!

I never knew Chase did that
Message 3 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@rapprt wrote:

I just received an email from Chase saying that I may be eligible for a credit line increase on my existing card.  They said no credit inquiry necessary.  My score is about 690, but my utilization is at about 85%.  Is it worth it to try and get approved, or will I be denied bc of utilization?  It did say that the offer is based on existing info from my account.

What have you got to lose?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend going for it... and report back if you don't mind.  I just received my Chase Slate earlier this month so I am def interested in seeing the outcome.  

How long have you had your Chase Slate?

Message 5 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

I'd jump on that in a second!
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also interested in hearing the outcome. Had my chase slate about a month now.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten those, and I believe all they ask for is your income. That may have changed, of course, and I do not know what they look for (meaning if utilization matters in this case) when/if they soft pull your credit report, but I wish you luck!
Message 8 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

It's happened before, when you carry a high balance. Smiley Wink. Providing your scores are very good.
Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the offer have an expiration date? If you're concerned about not be eligible right now, then I would try and increase your scores as much as possible by reducing your utilization before the offer expires.

I read somewhere on here that Chase doesn't like more than 50% utilization on one card. Hopefully, more seasoned folks can offer more input.

Either way please come back and update this thread with your outcome. Best of luck!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.