grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Suspended My Cards

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Except waiting can be a PITA Smiley Tongue

+1

To each his own, but like anything else in life, I don't believe in waiting or getting permission.  Just go and get it, the hell with what "they" say or preach. Carpe Diem!

when you phrase it that way, it sounds a little like assault LOL

Oh god Smiley LOL

mod edit-as to not violate TOS~Lexie

Message 171 of 235
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1

To each his own, but like anything else in life, I don't believe in waiting or getting permission.  Just go and get it, the hell with what "they" say or preach. Carpe Diem!

when you phrase it that way, it sounds a little like rape LOL.

LOL...well, I should have added, sieze the moment, but nothing illegal!

mod cut~ Lexie

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 172 of 235
red259
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1

when you phrase it that way, it sounds a little like assault LOL

LOL...well, I should have added, sieze the moment, but nothing illegal!

Mod cut ~ Lexie

We should get off this topic, but many men have gone to prison for taking action in that very situation. [Mod cut] ~ Lexie

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 173 of 235
enharu
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

We should get off this topic, but many men have gone to prison for taking action in that very situation. Passed out or extremely intoxicated women can not consent at least in parts of the US and likely in a number of other countries as well. 

Yup we should stop discussing about this. Was mostly meant as a joke, but the topic is probably too sensitive for most people.

The way Open originally phrased it does make it sound very exploitative though Smiley Very Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 174 of 235
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

The way Open originally phrased it does make it sound very exploitative though Smiley Very Happy

Well, I've always followed the mantra, "when there's blood on the streets, buy!"  It's worked out well every single time.

Message 175 of 235
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Boys!!!!!  See what happens when us women leave you to your own devices!!!  Smiley Wink

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 176 of 235
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Well, I've always followed the mantra, "when there's blood on the streets, buy!"  It's worked out well every single time.

Worked out great for me property wise. Can't say the same for stocks, especially for BBRY....

Message 177 of 235
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 178 of 235
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

I tried to buy some coffee this morning, but my Freedom was declined. I thought it was odd because I just paid off my statement balance and I wasn't doing any MS. However, I called them and they said my accounts were suspended pending further review of my profile and identity. It sounds like they're evaluating my risk. Does this happen a lot?

My Freedom and Marriott Premier are locked. The Ink Bold (employee card) is still functional according to the account holder.

Sorry to hear this...I hope your accounts are reinstated soon. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 179 of 235
nma851
Regular Contributor

I skimmed the entire topic and hopefully I am not too redundant. 

I believe this is Chase's response to these data breaches that are happening all over the place.  My Freedom went off/on but I didn't even know it - I rarely use them as-is so I never got a "declined" situation or an "Unable to log in" either.  In fact, I wouldn't have even known about it if I didn't get an email saying "We are done"....

From the info i gathered, Chase, Citi, and a few others went into panic mode & began evaluating every account in a nutshell.  They particularly were "hitting up" cards/accounts/usage with or through Target (whichever issues Target's cards and/or which banks cards were hit during that breach).  I suppose it's just been a cascading effect from there.  Nonetheless, when I got this email about my "account has been resolved", I had to back track & read all the nonsense in the documentation section.  All i could really gather was they did a mass-update to their entire portfolio, by brand, or by account of some sort in an effort to "find" odd behavior.  Nothing I have really paints a clear picture whatsoever.  They're trying to ensure "security" and maybe the only way to identity any gaps was to examine all the portfolios in different critera multiple times.  

All I know is I *think* I would have had no ability to use the thing for about 3 days at the end of February but I never noticed anything troubling - NOR did I ever get told that it was suspended temporarily, needed info from me, etc.  About all I DO see is quite a few softies - about 2-3 on each CRA.  

End result was no "damage" and end result was "as it was".  i agree it's odd in general and would have been nice to know about it PRIOR to instead of after.  

BCE: 22.5K; BC-REW: 15K; QSSIG: 15K; CITI: 6K; FREE: 15.5K; DISC-IT: 17K; FCU: 20K; FCU-HELOC: 7.3/45K; AMZ-MC: 6.5K; KAY: 7.4K, LOWES VISA: 22K. FICOS: EX: 829; TU: 812, EQ: 822- 21 OCT 15. (NEVER TO FORGET PRE-MF: 635, 629, & 630 in Oct 2012)
Message 180 of 235
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.