Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Usage Question

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Usage Question

@Creditaddict wrote:

I feel like the only people I read getting auto CLI are putting LOTS of money through a Chase Card... They seem to love use and or carrying a balance... I think as long as your overall credit profile is looking the same or better than when you got approved you don't have to worry about anything bad happening but if you want better chance of auto love I would make the chase your go to card for a few months and pay in full.

Ok, I guess I could put more usage on it and pay it off in a couple of months. Really, I am less concerned about an auto CLI on this card than I am of getting a better initial CL with my spring cards that I want to app for.  I got $2k with this card but I really want to hit the point where I am offered at least $5k with lower apr's for future cards.  So getting my Amex and hopefully my Barclay card there by next spring, well I hope that will help.

I am just wondering if the "rumors" are true that Chase will generally give you better limit and terms with 2nd card applications.  I did get the best terms with the Disney card as the lowest apr offered is 15.24% (not great but that is their lowest)

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 11 of 28
elim
Senior Contributor

yeah, i'm rebuilding so i have no decent limits.. i'll post my next cli to keep you up to date.

here's my stats so far (i plan on keeping usage/util about where they are now), my usage/util on barclay is 30%/30%. i PIF all cards.

off to work, have a great day all  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 28
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

yeah, i'm rebuilding so i have no decent limits.. i'll post my next cli to keep you up to date.

here's my stats so far (i plan on keeping usage/util about where they are now), my usage/util on barclay is 30%/30%. i PIF all cards.

off to work, have a great day all  Smiley Happy

Thank you for sharing! Have a great day!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I feel like the only people I read getting auto CLI are putting LOTS of money through a Chase Card... They seem to love use and or carrying a balance... I think as long as your overall credit profile is looking the same or better than when you got approved you don't have to worry about anything bad happening but if you want better chance of auto love I would make the chase your go to card for a few months and pay in full.

Ok, I guess I could put more usage on it and pay it off in a couple of months. Really, I am less concerned about an auto CLI on this card than I am of getting a better initial CL with my spring cards that I want to app for.  I got $2k with this card but I really want to hit the point where I am offered at least $5k with lower apr's for future cards.  So getting my Amex and hopefully my Barclay card there by next spring, well I hope that will help.

I am just wondering if the "rumors" are true that Chase will generally give you better limit and terms with 2nd card applications.  I did get the best terms with the Disney card as the lowest apr offered is 15.24% (not great but that is their lowest)

I was approved for a Freedom card 7/10 with $2500 cl. Immediately charged $500 to get my sign up bonus. Then transferred $1850 from another card to take advantage of the 0% apr. Then I paid down $900. Then charged my rent on it and immediately paid it. Currently sitting at $1500 balance and the first statement hasn't cut yet. Got an itchy finger and applied for a Marriott Rewards Premier Sunday night and was instantly approved for $5000. So there's that. Haven't paid attention to apr as I'll only carry a balance on the freedom during the 0% period and I'll pif the Marriott every month.

Message 14 of 28
Stralem
Established Contributor

Not that I ever go out of my way to get on Chase's good side, but they don't seem to mind that I carry balances.

I got the Freedom card a year and a half ago and maxed it out multiple times during the interest-free period, then paid it off completely when it ended. No auto CLI, but I took a hard pull to get the starting $900 limit bumped up to $2000 at about the 9 month mark. I could have gotten more, to be honest...

I got my Sapphire Preferred when my Freedom was at 80% util. Instant approval, no questions asked. 

Mind you, I also bank with these guys and make frequent deposits, so I may have just barely made the cutoff.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 15 of 28
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I was approved for a Freedom card 7/10 with $2500 cl. Immediately charged $500 to get my sign up bonus. Then transferred $1850 from another card to take advantage of the 0% apr. Then I paid down $900. Then charged my rent on it and immediately paid it. Currently sitting at $1500 balance and the first statement hasn't cut yet. Got an itchy finger and applied for a Marriott Rewards Premier Sunday night and was instantly approved for $5000. So there's that. Haven't paid attention to apr as I'll only carry a balance on the freedom during the 0% period and I'll pif the Marriott every month.

Thanks for sharing. That is what I am hoping to hear. Smiley Happy

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 16 of 28
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

I got Approved for the Chase Freedom June 21st with $3,500 limit, Also the Sapphire with $5,000 limit and already have an Amazon visa with $500. Posted a $894 Balance on July statement and carrying a $494 balance on the freedom with 0% APR which should be paid off by the end of September or October. Got approved for the CSP so I wouldn't say Chase is balance carrying shy. TBH I don't think any bank is shy of carrying balances since that is probably a main source of income for them if you are paying interest. As long as your paying more then the min payment carrying balances should be ok. Personally I wouldn't tread the waters with Amex but I think it is safe with them as well

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 17 of 28
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

So Chase likes high usage and carrying balances?  How long of a history before I could possibly expect a CLI?

Also, I am planning to garden until next April for my next mini spree of cards which will probably include Chase. Is that a decent amount of history before I apply for another card with them?

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 18 of 28
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

So Chase likes high usage and carrying balances?  How long of a history before I could possibly expect a CLI?

Also, I am planning to garden until next April for my next mini spree of cards which will probably include Chase. Is that a decent amount of history before I apply for another card with them?

took me 4 months on freedom to get auto cli 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 19 of 28
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

took me 4 months on freedom to get auto cli 

What cards do you have Mong? Do tell!

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.