Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - approved with laughable SL

tag
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Chase - approved with laughable SL

I applied for the Freedom Unlimited so I could take full advantage of the UR points when paired with CSR and regular Freedom.  They gave me a $500 starting limit =/

In comparison, I was approved for $14,000 on my regular Freedom and $13,400 on my CSR.  Do you think I can move limits from one card to another at this point?  I literally can't put anything on the Freedom Unlimited that I was going to put because it's all over $500.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase - approved with laughable SL

Just move some of your Freedom limit over to Freedom U, not all lost.

I think you may but IDK if it has to be a year or so, call and ask nothing to lose.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 24
805orbust
Valued Contributor

This whole thing with you 800 guys getting denials and sucky approvals is fascinating.  Dude if I were you I'd go into a branch and be the picture of both arrogance and entitlement... I'm obviously not ready to be there yet Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 24
Sharingan
Established Contributor

The reason they gave you a $500 limit on your Freedom Unlimited is probably because you have hit your maximum internal limit that Chase is willing to extend to you across all accounts. They could have simply denied the application; or took it upon themselves to pull credit from one of your other Chase cards without your input, as they did with my last approval from them. But yes, you can rearrange your credit limits with Chase. I have done it on several occasions. 

Message 4 of 24
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Imho, I would make the Unlimited a 10k, and the regular Freedom 4k, or something along those lines.  

Since regular Freedom category spend tops out at 1,500 per quarter, there's no logistical need for a BIG credit limit on the freedom. 

The Unlimited, on the other hand could possibly benefit from a larger credit limit.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is disappointing. As Sharington said, you probably hit your max limit with Chase based on factors such as income and overall available credit. It is always worth a call to them to see if they can bring it up a little higher, say to $2,500 (you don't want to rock the boat). If not, as others said, take at least $4K from the Freedom and move it over to Freedom Unlimited. 

Message 6 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the trifectaSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep you've hit the internal limit that chase is willing to extend to you. Just move some limits around and start stacking the UR points!
Message 8 of 24
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

What I don't understand about this OP hitting his max limit theory is with his 800's scores---his income would have to be $25K or below to have that low of a ceiling. There are people on here with much lower scores who have $45K on just one card......?!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

The reason they gave you a $500 limit on your Freedom Unlimited is probably because you have hit your maximum internal limit that Chase is willing to extend to you across all accounts. They could have simply denied the application; or took it upon themselves to pull credit from one of your other Chase cards without your input, as they did with my last approval from them. But yes, you can rearrange your credit limits with Chase. I have done it on several occasions. 

+1 While I have never heard of chase pulling credit from one card to issue a new card without giving the person applying an option (not that it doesn't happen I have just never heard if it before today) I think the poster is right about you hitting your ceiling. You are not entitled to unlimited credit from Chase and they could easily have just denied you. The problem with large credit lines is it can result in denials later on for too much credit. If you intend to apply for another card with Chase in the future I would suggest reducing the credit line on a card you don't use to free up some credit. Sure you could app and hope they let you move lines around on recon or whatever, but there is always a risk they will refuse.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.