Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase at it again!

tag
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Chase at it again!

So I have a Chase Sapphire with a 6K Limit and I wanted a Sapphire Preferred so I called up and spoke to a nice women and she said no problem. Had a balance on my CS so they took 5K from it and used that to open the CSP with that and left the CS with1k. I paid the balance and it updated to $0 today so I called the number on the back of my Freedom to close out the CS and move the leftover 1K to my new card. CSR told me I could only move $500.00!!! I spoke to a manager and she said the same and said I would have to wait "months" because there was activity on the card. I gave up and hung up and did the dishes angry at life. I decided to call Credit Consolidation @ 800-219-0015 and spoke to a friendly girl who had this done in 2 minutes.

With Chase you can't really blame anyone because it's so big they get in their own way; you just have to be smart as a consumer and decide yourself the best place to get something done. I should have just called Sapphire directly but they had me cut my card so the number was lost. Can someone add that number to the sticky for backdoor numbers? There was no hold time went right through to a person.

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase at it again!

Just saved that phone number haah!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 10
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@a3quit4s wrote:

@Anonymous I have a Chase Sapphire with a 6K Limit and I wanted a Sapphire Preferred so I called up and spoke to a nice women and she said no problem. Had a balance on my CS so they took 5K from it and used that to open the CSP with that and left the CS with1k. I paid the balance and it updated to $0 today so I called the number on the back of my Freedom to close out the CS and move the leftover 1K to my new card. CSR told me I could only move $500.00!!! I spoke to a manager and she said the same and said I would have to wait "months" because there was activity on the card. I gave up and hung up and did the dishes angry at life. I decided to call Credit Consolidation @ 800-219-0015 and spoke to a friendly girl who had this done in 2 minutes.

With Chase you can't really blame anyone because it's so big they get in their own way; you just have to be smart as a consumer and decide yourself the best place to get something done. I should have just called Sapphire directly but they had me cut my card so the number was lost. Can someone add that number to the sticky for backdoor numbers? There was no hold time went right through to a person.

They actually have a department for that!?  Yeesh!  Have you seen their management charts?  Chase has more CEO's, Presidents and VP's than most businesses I know have employees, haha.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@a3quit4s wrote:

@Anonymous I have a Chase Sapphire with a 6K Limit and I wanted a Sapphire Preferred so I called up and spoke to a nice women and she said no problem. Had a balance on my CS so they took 5K from it and used that to open the CSP with that and left the CS with1k. I paid the balance and it updated to $0 today so I called the number on the back of my Freedom to close out the CS and move the leftover 1K to my new card. CSR told me I could only move $500.00!!! I spoke to a manager and she said the same and said I would have to wait "months" because there was activity on the card. I gave up and hung up and did the dishes angry at life. I decided to call Credit Consolidation @ 800-219-0015 and spoke to a friendly girl who had this done in 2 minutes.

They actually have a department for that!?  Yeesh!  Have you seen their management charts?  Chase has more CEO's, Presidents and VP's than most businesses I know have employees, haha.

I am always amazed at the sheer volume of employees they have in my branch location here in Los Angeles....and they have like 300 branches here.  lol

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 4 of 10
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

You have to have no activity on your account for 30 days for a CSR to move the entire credit line from one card to another.

ovbiously the analyst don't have that limitation Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@a3quit4s wrote:

BOA has a lot of Vice Presidents too, even in thier IT Departments

Message 6 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I love Chase!!
Jamie Dimon isn't that bad either
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 10
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Just saved that number to my Backdoor number file. Thanks and congrats on the movements!

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 8 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

That line also handles adverse action. For example you get a CLD from Chase, you can call them up and have them reconsider.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 9 of 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I've been trying to combine my limits with Chase since they took over WaMu during the crisis.  The 800# worked like a charm and took about 5 mins to combine 2 accounts into 1 CL.  I asked about APR / CLI while on the phone with them and they said to wait 3 days for all the changes to clear before they would be able to attempt something in addition to combining the accounts.

Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.