Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase balance reporting

tag
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Chase balance reporting

When does Chase report the balance to the CRAs?

I PIF'd my Amazon Visa before the statement cut (Literally right before as I wasn't clear on the statement cut date due to it being the first one). The statement shows 0 balance but I just got an new account alert from Amex saying that EX is reporting the balance. EQ and TU haven't reported yet. It's no big deal as the balance I had left was only $20 but I had planned on only my Freedom and Discover reporting the balances since now I have all 5 card with small balances until Barclays updates(Barclays, both Chase cards and Discover all cut within 3 days of each other) and Amex's next statement cuts.

Would the balance be because the account is new?

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase balance reporting

@b_seeker wrote:

I PIF'd my Amazon Visa before the statement cut (Literally right before as I wasn't clear on the statement cut date due to it being the first one). The statement shows 0 balance but I just got an new account alert from Amex saying that EX is reporting the balance. EQ and TU haven't reported yet. It's no big deal as the balance I had left was only $20 but I had planned on only my Freedom and Discover reporting the balances since now I have all 5 card with small balances until Barclays updates(Barclays, both Chase cards and Discover all cut within 3 days of each other) and Amex's next statement cuts.

Yes that is why.  My Chase Freedom reported like that as well but should go back to reporting just the statement balance.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 7
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

My Discover just did something weird like this. Statement cut was on a Sunday. Made a charge on Sunday. CRAs all report the balance with the new charge included (posted Monday) but Discover's statement has the balance as of Sunday which doesn't include the new charge. Assume this issue has something to do with statement ending on a weekend.

Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@b_seeker wrote:

Yes that is why.  My Chase Freedom reported like that as well but should go back to reporting just the statement balance.

Hmm...

Mine never did that when my Freedom was new. I think OP may be getting the due date and statement closing date mixed up.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@b_seeker wrote:

Hmm...

Mine never did that when my Freedom was new. I think OP may be getting the due date and statement closing date mixed up.

When Chase first appeared on my CR, it showed the balance on the card as of the date reported and not the statement balance.  I assumed it was because I got the card right at the end of my cycle.  The statement balance and CR are not in sync for me and apparently the OP as well.  So perhaps in the next week when mine closes I will see things reporting correctly as I have not heard of many complaints about Chase reporting on the CC's.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Due, statement, and reporting dates aren't the same. Getting my Freedom to report $0 is a PITA.

The card is okay but it seems to report in a quirky manner, compared to other products I use.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

My due date is 5/20 which I've known since I got my card. The first close date is when I wasn't sure cause I couldn't find it online. I'm not getting statement and due dates mixed up. I know the difference. My statement shows 0 balance, like I said, but the CR is showing my high balance on the card which was only $21. My statement for the Freedom shows $144 which is what was reported.

I was just wondering if Chase did this because the card was new or if they did in fact have a different, likely earlier, date for reporting.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.