Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cards are now contactless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase cards are now contactless

I've been seeing posts elsewhere claiming that they received emails from Chase stating that their card is going to be "upgraded" to contactless, followed by receiving a new card in the mail. Maybe Chase saw a significant amount of demand for contactless and decided to mass replace instead of doing it as needed?

EDIT: looks like someone beat me to it: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Freedom-Unlimited-Upgrade/td-p/5461378

Message 81 of 136
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

Has anyone gotten a CSP contactless card yet?

Message 82 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Manonfire wrote:

Has anyone gotten a CSP contactless card yet?

They aren't available at the moment per Chase's website. Hopefully soon since I have international travel planned late this year.

Message 83 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my contactless CFU in the mail! Smiley Very Happy

The look on the cashier's face when I tapped it and the receipt started spewing out before they could even say "Insert your card" was priceless!

Message 84 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The look on the cashier's face when I tapped it and the receipt started spewing out before they could even say "Insert your card" was "priceless"!

"... and for everything else there is MasterCard"smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 85 of 136
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, id imagine it was more the fact a Grasshopper was paying than a magic credit cardSmiley Wink
Message 86 of 136
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The look on the cashier's face when I tapped it and the receipt started spewing out before they could even say "Insert your card" was priceless!

Hilarious! 😂

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 87 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off phone with chase, csr claimed if I request replacement sapphire preferred card now, it will be contactless. So I requested one.

He sounds not very convincing, since he claimed all sapphire card shipped after Dec 4th,2018 has contact less feature.

We will see in a few days.
Message 88 of 136
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Chase clowns shipped my CSP around 20th, and 1 day after I received it, they sent an email to expect another one in the mail, the contactless one. 

Message 89 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you have a contactless csp?
Message 90 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.