Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase green check over 5/24 and new CFU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase green check over 5/24 and new CFU

I got an alert today from chase that I had new pre approved offers for the Freedom card. I'm currently sitting at 7/24 and my CFU is only and 5 others are only 2 months old. I understand people have had luck with green check offers being over 5/24. I dont want to risk a HP for a denial. My gut tells me wait 4 more months until the new CFU is 6 months old and go for it or should I wait until I'm under 5/24 again? My scores are better than when I applied for the CFU after having some baddies removed and some INQ fall off. It's only asking for income and mobile number.
2 REPLIES 2
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase green check over 5/24 and new CFU

@Anonymous wrote:
I got an alert today from chase that I had new pre approved offers for the Freedom card. I'm currently sitting at 7/24 and my CFU is only and 5 others are only 2 months old. I understand people have had luck with green check offers being over 5/24. I dont want to risk a HP for a denial. My gut tells me wait 4 more months until the new CFU is 6 months old and go for it or should I wait until I'm under 5/24 again? My scores are better than when I applied for the CFU after having some baddies removed and some INQ fall off. It's only asking for income and mobile number.

I would hold off on apply for new accounts until the ones you recently opened have aged a little longer. Also, Chase has been known to AA on new accounts for too many recently opened accounts.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase green check over 5/24 and new CFU

That's what my gut was telling me no need to stir up the bees nest. I didnt want to make a hasty decision that would come back to bite me. Thank you for your insight.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.