cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase is sending out APR increase notices again.

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase is sending out APR increase notices again.

Run Joltdude RUNSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 31
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Run Joltdude RUNSmiley Happy

Actually both my Chases are PIF but if i ever needed to buy anything that wasn't... Its going on Disco or will be transferred to Tally...but the value of the rewards on the Amazon and the subprime APR will likely end it up in the SD for awhile... 

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 8 credit cards, 2 of which are with Chase and I honestly couldn't tell you my APR on any of them.

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Slate APR was 28.24%.  I PCed it to Freedom.  And my APR is still a whopping 28.24%.  We'll just say with that card, I really wanted to break the mold. Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 31
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I wonder if they send out similar letters to those with rates higher than the maximum current ranges....

LOL hilarious. Chase wouldn't cut their profits like that. They won't even lower your APR if you ask, yet alone on their own. 

I have to agree that they won't be sending out those letters! LOL

For those of you with high APRs, Chase actually does lower APRs if the CSR is able to see an offer on the account.  It's a quick phone call and I'm ready to hear about the long hold times due to all the MFers calling to get their rates reduced today! Smiley Wink (You could also just send a Secure Message but it may take a day for them to get back to you.)

I tried to get my Freedom lowered when the prime rate jacked it up to 14.24%.  They politely just told me that my account already had an APR at or below their current lowest APR available for the card.  I totally agree with the sentiment that APRs don't really matter if you're always paying in full, but life does happen and I also look at it at how a particular lender values me.  BOA shows me their love with credit lines (yes, even though there's $145k in BoA credit lines in my signature they're all at mid-tier APRs!), but Amex, Chase, Citi, and Navy FCU show me their love by giving me their absolute lowest available APRs. CapOne, on the other hand, shows their absolute contempt for the 20+ years I've been a customer by not budging on APRs in the mid-20s (and never once giving me a credit line increase in those 20+ years).

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have love and hate relationship w chase as well...I love their credit cards but yet their interest apr is some if my highest I pay it off every month so it doesn’t matter. Chase informed me if I wanted to lower my apr they would have to hard pull ..

no way not worth it.

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I wonder if they send out similar letters to those with rates higher than the maximum current ranges....

LOL hilarious. Chase wouldn't cut their profits like that. They won't even lower your APR if you ask, yet alone on their own. 

...(You could also just send a Secure Message but it may take a day for them to get back to you.)...

Chase is pretty good in that aspect. Every time I send them an SM, they get back to me within 2 hours. 

Message 17 of 31
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

I get a preview of my mail from USPS every morning, and I see I have a "Change in Terms" notice from Chase in my mail.  It's kind of strange because I don't think any of my cards is below market APR, but it is possible.

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

The APR on my Chase cards is already outrageous, they can't do much more to me...although I did get a BT offer on my Amazon card, 0% for a year...was not expecting that one. 

Message 19 of 31
joltdude
Senior Contributor

K.. 

On asking Chase via Secure Messaging.... How did you do it... Basically asked if there were any offers on the account...or were you specific on what you wanted?

I'm tempted to try this for my amazon chase visa since it is one of the higher tier APRs... 

Almost tempted to take an HP for a CLI too but... sorta hoping for a green dot so i can get an FU 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.