Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase low limit card?

tag
Lightdog555
New Contributor

Chase low limit card?

I am trying to get my foot in the door with chase and I have had a checking account for 4 years but don't sure which card to go for. I know my current credit can't get me a high limit but want to try and get a card if even for $200 but not sure which card to after. Thx for the help!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase low limit card?

Can you give us some info? AAoAs if any? Your FICO? Any baddies or negative info reporting. I'd say the Freedom is the easiest card to get in their line up.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 17
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Lightdog555 wrote:
I am trying to get my foot in the door with chase and I have had a checking account for 4 years but don't sure which card to go for. I know my current credit can't get me a high limit but want to try and get a card if even for $200 but not sure which card to after. Thx for the help!

Its hard to say without knowing more about your current credit profile?  

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 17
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Can you give us some info? AAoAs if any? Your FICO? Any baddies or negative info reporting. I'd say the Freedom is the easiest card to get in their line up.

^^^^this.  Lol maiden_girl beat me to it

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

^^^^this.  Lol maiden_girl beat me to it

LOL +1

Now we must wait on the OP...mahaha

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Chase Freedom appears to be the current entry card, call it 640 FICO, one year revolving, no recent derogs as far as near minimum requirements go.  Some flexibility in any of those, especially with their recon policy.

        
Message 6 of 17
Lightdog555
New Contributor

Well my report is a mixed bag about 4 baddies due to age off by end of this year others mid next year. I have an optima card 18 months never late cap one since January no issues kays card open last year no balance limit was 800 and a Jared card now limit now 2000 balance of 1500 (will pay that off in 6 months) my two auto loans one paid off never late and my current payment never late. My score from myfico is 614.
Message 7 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

I think it's best to wait until end of the year for some of those baddies to fall off,and you should be fine. You dont have a high utilization on your current cards, right?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The baddies must be pulling your score down. Plus the util on Kay's isn't helping.
Message 9 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Oh missed the 1500 balance. I would recommend you app at the end of the year after your baddies drop and after the balance is lower then. Best of luck!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.