Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase offer and over 5/24

tag
wambeezy
Regular Contributor

Chase offer and over 5/24

I was checking my Chase bank acct and saw a notification about an offer. It wasn't in the Credit Journey offers. Checked and it gave me this:

D23C3FE2-A0A9-4750-9497-19B31B442EB4.jpeg

When I click on the offer it just asks for my total gross income and phone number. I am over 5/24 and I am not planning on applying for any cards right now. I just wanted to know if something like this would bypass the 5/24 rule for future reference. 

Thank you all.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase offer and over 5/24

When reviewing said offer, what does it yield as far as the APR?  Is it a range (i.e. spread) or a solid number?

Message 2 of 10
wambeezy
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

When reviewing said offer, what does it yield as far as the APR?  Is it a range (i.e. spread) or a solid number?

It's giving a range and not a solid APR. Hopefully in the future I get solid APRs and other card offers. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wambeezy wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

It's giving a range and not a solid APR. Hopefully in the future I get solid APRs and other card offers. 

Thanks!

Based on anecdotal experience, if it's not a solid APR then I wouldn't pull the trigger.   Typically, the solid APR offers tend to bypass the 5/24 restriction in most cases, but YEMV.   Just check periodically to see when the pricing section might change and you can decide on your strategy at that point.

Message 4 of 10
wambeezy
Regular Contributor

I will definitely do that. Thank your for the information @FinStar.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are just marketing, showing offers available to everyone.  They won't bypass 5/24.

If you see something under "Just for you" with a black star ("you're prequalified") or a green star ("you're pre-approved") and a solid APR (and in some cases, a SL already shown), those generally will bypass 5/24.

blackstar.PNG

Message 6 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

You gonna just leave that free $800 (or minimum $1000 toward travel) sitting there, @Anonymous ?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are just marketing, showing offers available to everyone.  They won't bypass 5/24.

If you see something under "Just for you" with a black star ("you're prequalified") or a green star ("you're pre-approved") and a solid APR (and in some cases, a SL already shown), those generally will bypass 5/24.

blackstar.PNG

Agreed.  It is just marketing available to everyone unless you have some kind of indication that it is an offer.

chase.JPG

Message 8 of 10
wambeezy
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the info @Anonymous and @Anonymous 🙏

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

You gonna just leave that free $800 (or minimum $1000 toward travel) sitting there, @Anonymous ?

Yup. Smiley Happy  A CSP would just end up in my sock drawer, and I'm not traveling for the foreseeable future.  Plus, as you already know, I'm in the garden.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.