Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase pre approval letter

tag
budwiser
Contributor

Chase pre approval letter

My DWARF received a Chase pre approval letter in the mail for a Slate card. I just got approved the day before for a Slate and convinced her to take the offer. I had the 15 months 0 interest transfer and figured the same for her. I put in the code from her letter and continued through the application. She was approved, but only for 12 months 0 interest on balance transfers. So I called the EO to see if they could help and get it to 15 months. They said once a contract is written, it is nearly impossible to change. Is there any other course of action I can try? Any help appreciated. Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Re: Chase pre approval letter

As far as I know nothing can be done once you accept the offer, were the terms listed on the in the invitation?

Message 2 of 5
budwiser
Contributor

I honestly can't remember. I wish I would have went to the web site for her. I will never use a pre approval letter anymore though. Thanks for your reply :-)
Message 3 of 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@budwiser wrote:
I honestly can't remember. I wish I would have went to the web site for her. I will never use apre approval letter anymore though. Thanks for your reply :-)

Eh There not that bad. I actually got my first Credit card and also a decent APR% all things considered with a pre approval letter. It was a Discover it pre-app and was with a 19.99% APR% where the highest can be like 21.99% or 22.99%. You would be guaranteed  What is in the pre-approval letter which in your case was a worse Offer but Can also be favorable depending on the situation. 

Just have to read the Fine print and etc Smiley Happy

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@budwiser wrote:
I had the 15 months 0 interest transfer and figured the same for her.

Unless two people's credit is identical you can't assume that one person will get the same terms and offer as another.

@budwiser wrote:
I will never use a pre approval letter anymore though.

The lesson here is never assume.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.