Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase preapprovals, hard or soft?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase preapprovals, hard or soft?

So I bank at Chase and a banker today was telling me that if you are preapproved for a CC with them and you accept and it's an instant approval it's a soft. 

He also stated that if it says preapproval and then there is a pending approval must wait X amount of days then it's a hard.  

Can anyone confirm this?  I thought all CC apps were hards, regardless.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase preapprovals, hard or soft?

The one I accepted at the branch that they said I was preapproved for with a 12k limit, was instant and there was no pull. There are several promotional inquiries from Chase on my TU report, but they normally pull EQ for any apps.

When I got home, I called the status line and it said congrats, along with the limit and terms. I pulled my reports and no hard inquiry.

That is my experience.

Message 2 of 3
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase preapprovals, hard or soft?

I recently got a pre-approved offer from them in the mail and took them up on it (got the 30 day message, too).  A couple of days later there was a credit card with a $8K limit, showing under my accounts.  I also pulled my credit yesterday with TU and there was a hard pull for the credit inquiry and resulting card.from Chase  But, I think the hard pull was wrth the card..  Especially if I get zapped by AMEX. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.