Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase prequal page

tag
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

Chase prequal page

I'm looking to apply for a Chase CC in the next couple weeks, but I'm waiting for my Barclaycard statement to cut as I just paid off in full $3k. How accurate is the prequal site? I know the ultimate decision requires a pull, but will they say your prequalified for a sapphire preferred when you're really not?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase prequal page

I believe its said Chase prequals are pretty solid but as always, YMMV .
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a hp or sp prequel page? Does it include the chase Amazon card? Sorry for the silly questions. Not at my computer and won't  be able to check till I am. Some things I just can't do on my phone. My age I guess.  Lol

Message 3 of 9
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

It's the one on Chase's website. I believe it says it doesn't affect credit, so assuming it's a sp?
Message 4 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

The prequal is a soft pull.

Yes, you can trust the results.

If you DO proceed to apply for whatever you're pre approved for, there WILL be an HP done at that time. 

(And no, I don't believe that the Amazon Visa shows up on the prequal site...)

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

(And no, I don't believe that the Amazon Visa shows up on the prequal site...)

Correct. When you try to apply for it on Chase's website it redirects you to the Amazon webapge to apply.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

A pre-qual will never result in a HP, as you are not applying for credit.  HP = app for credit.  SP = everything else, which checking pre-quals falls under.  On just about every pre-qual site I've ever seen, right near the "submit" button it specifically states that by clicking the button you are not applying for credit so you will not receive a hard inquiry.

I believe that Chase pre-quals are 90% accurate.  If it says you're good to go on their pre-qual site, you can feel very confident in your application. 

Message 7 of 9
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

Thanks guys! As soon as my statement cuts showing my zero balance on my Barclays I'm going to see what they say.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious,

Have you applied for anything yet after your 0% balance posted ?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.