Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chopping Block

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chopping Block

Hi Everyone,

So I have a total of 10 Credit Cards which is wayyy to many for me to keep up with. So could you guys offer opinions on whch ones you think I should chop?

AMEX Gold - Charge 

Freedom Unlimited  - $3500

Discover  - $1350

AMEX Delta - $1000 ( Planning on 3X my BCP, transferring the line to Delta and closing out the BCP)

BCP - $2500

NFCU Plat - $10000 (I was just approved for this one literally 15 mins ago! I love NFCU!!)

Quicksilver - $3250

DCU - $5000 

NFCU Cash Rewards- $4500

Care Credit - $3500

Chopping Block - The ones I plan on chopping but ideally I want to go from 10 cards to 6, max 7. 

AMEX BCP

Care Credit

Thougts?

7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chopping Block

Id chop Navy , Navy is the worse....

Jk, lol, hope you have a sense of humorSmiley Wink Well looks like youve made up your mind on the AMEX BCP. Care Credit too. Maybe the charge card too with its AF. Apart from that you got a good diversity of lenders. Great job on your Navy, we all know they are da bombSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Your plan for AMEX makes sense. I like the idea of zeroing in on a single rewards structure. Repeating AJC's question, is the gold card doing you any good?

I'd choose between the QS and FU as they're fairly similar.

You may as well dump Care Credit if you don't see a use for it.

Your Discover card has a low limit. Do you get enough back on the 5% categories to make it worthwhile?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Freedom I would like to keep as I am trying to get the Reserve eventually and I think it would be best to stay within the Chase family. The AMEX isn't doing anything other than getting me 3X on Airfare. I travel pretty frequently so that comes in handy. 

I honestly don't get much from the Discover but I love the design, and it will be hard to part Smiley Sad

I will consider leaving the QS behind as I don't really see a Cap One card I would consider getting in the future. The Discover I will think about as well. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats for wanting to chop both BCe and Care Credit. I would chop Cap1 QS and keep disco. I know that your Qs has a higher CL, but from my experience, disco grows a LOT than QS at least for me. YMMV for you with QS over disco due to your spending habits. Good luck with your "chopping"

Message 5 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Yeah, with your plans, it makes sense to keep the Freedom Unlimited. If you bank the points, you can eventually transfer them over to your future Sapphire card and make them more valuable.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the freedom unlimited, no need to have Capitalone too. Both 1.5% cards. No need for two of them. that could be a third to chop.

Message 7 of 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

chop them all but keep NFCU

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.