Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Card Product Change

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Citi Card Product Change

Today I called and converted my citi dividend MC to Citi Hilton signature visa card. Questions.

When they issue a new card with the product change, would my old account change to new number or will they add a new tradeline to my cr?

Now that Hilton card is a signature card, will they stop reporting the CL?

What are things I need to watch out for?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Card Product Change

Concorduser, I have a Signature card through Wachovia, which until very recently never reported the CL.

I just discovered that the reporting for that card has now changed, I'm not sure why, but CL is now reported and account type info has changed, too...from "Open" to "revolving".  My total revolving CL increased on my reports because of this; if your old account DID report CL, you MAY see your utilization % increase if they choose to not report that CL (I know you know this already)...but I don't know how they'll report.

In my case, I don't know if this is a Wells Fargo policy of reporting this type of card, and they're just getting around to mine now, or if this new style of reporting involves all Signature cards across all issuers. I haven't received any notice of any kind that this is no longer a Signature card, but again, I don't know anything for sure. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.