Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend 5% Apr-June categories?

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Citi Dividend 5% Apr-June categories?

Anyone know them yet?  I can't find them anywhere.  I don't know why they can't announce what they are earlier than a couple weeks ahead of time.  Maybe they don't decide until last minute?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend 5% Apr-June categories?

Citi will announce it at the end of March.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot, home & garden, and home funishing.

https://dividend.quarterlyoffer.citi.com/
Message 3 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Good for those who are shopping for appliance. Citi does not impose a limit on bonus category, unlike Freedom or More. Instead you are allowed to earn max $300 cashback per calendar year.

Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, now this fries my rear. Smiley Mad

I have a Home Depot card (from Citi, might I add) that never offers rewards other than the occasional 0% financing bit. Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Oh well. GECRB/Lowes offers 5% off at the register.

Message 6 of 10
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Good for those who are shopping for appliance. Citi does not impose a limit on bonus category, unlike Freedom or More. Instead you are allowed to earn max $300 cashback per calendar year.

There is really not much difference, since both programs cap you out at the same amount. ($75 x 4 = $300)

The only advantage to Citi is being able to use it on one category all at one time.

These companies are actually pretty clever. Offer the equavalent of a $300 per year bonus (like a new card) that is only valid with spending. They more than likely make more in swipe fees overall than they give back, so they get us to spend using the cards to get the discounts, and they make money.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

There is really not much difference, since both programs cap you out at the same amount. ($75 x 4 = $300)

The only advantage to Citi is being able to use it on one category all at one time.

These companies are actually pretty clever. Offer the equavalent of a $300 per year bonus (like a new card) that is only valid with spending. They more than likely make more in swipe fees overall than they give back, so they get us to spend using the cards to get the discounts, and they make money.

I think most people (not those of us on these boards hehe) tend to have only 1 or 2 credit cards they use for the majority of their spending. They don't have a rewards card for gas, and another card for groceries, and another card for travel, and another one for dining, etc. If they are primarily using 1 card they will probably average out to between 1-1.5% cash back on the year on all spending using Chase Freedom, Citi Dividend, or Discover More. That is less than the average swipe fee (2-3%) so that's why the credit card companies still net a profit.

Message 8 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried this link but once I sign in I cannot find the offer to sign up.  Anyone find it?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Log into your Citi account. Click on the summary for Dividend cashback. There should be a green link asking you to register 5% cashback.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.