Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend App Pending ??

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Citi Dividend App Pending ??

Bit the bullet and apped for the Citi Platinum tonight. FYI, here's a page w/$150 cash back: https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-dividend-card/

I got a pending message, but then it took me to a page to set up online account, paperless billing, etc. So, I was feeling optimistic, because I figured, why would it be having me set up all that if they were going to deny me. But then, while entering my info, I hit the backspace to make a correction and the blasted website went back to the previous page, which then gave me an error message.

I checked my email and got a msg that "we are currently processing your app and w/be in touch within 1 week." (!) There's a link, but no additional info there. It looks to me like the computer wants a human to review it.

Has anyone had this happen and been approved? Is this type of msg usually a sign of denial? I have good credit now, but had a CO from the 80s, so I'm concerned that that might be the problem.

ETA: I just checked my 3 in 1 CR on USAA, and they pulled EX. Hopefully they won't pull any others.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
erika
Valued Member

Re: Citi Dividend App Pending ??

I had the same thing happen.  Call them to get the status of your application.  With me, they needed proof of address and a copy of my drivers license.  I received my approval apprx 1 week after I sent them a utility bill.  

Starting Score: EQ 434 TU 499 4/29/10
Current Score: EQ 651 11/1/2011
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! I checked this morning, and I was approved! Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 23
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! What is your CL?

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 23
A_Madel
Contributor

Smiley Happy Awesome! Congrats.

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 5 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

$10k

Message 6 of 23
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thank you! 

Message 8 of 23
Jlu
Established Contributor

You were worried about a CO from the 80's? LOL

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 9 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, some people have been permanently blacklisted. It may be that the amount I owed wasn't very much. It's been so long, I really don't remember. But I do know my CLs weren't very large compared to today's CLs.

Some people have reported here a 10-year window for blacklisting. But there's really no way to know for sure. Some have also not gotten cards because of very old COs.

I consider myself very fortunate to have a second chance with them! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.