cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi - Dividend or Double Cash

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Citi - Dividend or Double Cash

Hey folks, was wondering if anybody had any insight for this.

 

I have been thinking about PC'ing to the Double Cash since it's introduction, as my Dividend really hasn't had rotating categories that are useful to me. I had held off, hoping for the drugstore category (and admittedly was going to MS the $300 cap) in Q1, but no avail. As a student living in an apartment, most of the categories don't make sense. Q3 and Q4 are the only potential ones I would use. But, my voice would be 3% on "travel and entertainment" and I have a Surpass for Hilton spend. My Cash + I could always rotate to department stores/electronic stores if need be (assuming they aren't eliminated).

 

I guess my real questions are as follows (since I've pretty much talked myself into this PC)

 

1) Does account history stay the same?

2) Once I PC, as the Dividend is discontinued, there is no chance to PC back to Dividend, correct?

3) Do the account terms stay constant (I figure CL would, more interested in statement dates and APR)

4) Does the cash reward I have built up thus far transfer over into DC's reward account?

5) Can I ask for this PC over secured message?

 

Finally, is there any reason I'm overlooking to keep the Dividend over the DC?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Established Contributor

Re: Citi - Dividend or Double Cash

1) Yes

2) Yes (probably won't be able to change back but doesn't seem like you would)

3) Probably yes (otherwise call EO)

4) Don't know how the rewards for the Dividend posts, but if they post like straight cash, they MAY transfer; definitely call to confirm

5) You can, but they would probably ask you to call or schedule a time to call you

TU - 787EX - 757EQ - 768
$28,000
$12,000
$10,000
$10,000
$9,500
$12,000
$17,000
$1,600
$11,300
$6,600
$25,000
NPSL
Message 2 of 8
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi - Dividend or Double Cash


@longtime_lurker wrote:

Hey folks, was wondering if anybody had any insight for this.

 

I have been thinking about PC'ing to the Double Cash since it's introduction, as my Dividend really hasn't had rotating categories that are useful to me. I had held off, hoping for the drugstore category (and admittedly was going to MS the $300 cap) in Q1, but no avail. As a student living in an apartment, most of the categories don't make sense. Q3 and Q4 are the only potential ones I would use. But, my voice would be 3% on "travel and entertainment" and I have a Surpass for Hilton spend. My Cash + I could always rotate to department stores/electronic stores if need be (assuming they aren't eliminated).

 

I guess my real questions are as follows (since I've pretty much talked myself into this PC)

 

1) Does account history stay the same?

2) Once I PC, as the Dividend is discontinued, there is no chance to PC back to Dividend, correct?

3) Do the account terms stay constant (I figure CL would, more interested in statement dates and APR)

4) Does the cash reward I have built up thus far transfer over into DC's reward account?

5) Can I ask for this PC over secured message?

 

Finally, is there any reason I'm overlooking to keep the Dividend over the DC?


I did mine back in September and haven't looked back! Answers below:

  1. It will stay the same but the account number will change. Mine did atleast because it was a World card. The PC won't convert the World to the DC.
  2. According to the CSR, you have, I think, 60-90 days to PC back if you don't accept the new terms. (You won't want to go back!)
  3. My APR didn't change, nor the CL. I did lose the flex but never charge more than my CL on the card anyway.
  4. The cash will transfer and you can cash out above $25. So if you have $40 in rewards, you can cash out after PC is complete.
  5. I tried both SM and Chat, needed to call in. I hate calling! It was painless, but worth it!

Like you, the categories were worthless. I like the 2% and PIF so I don't care about the 1%+1%.  

 

Let us know how you make out!

Message 3 of 8
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi - Dividend or Double Cash

Product changed my Citi Dividend American Express to the Citi Double Cash MC. Everything remained the same and in the credit bureau all the info was the same except they replaced the account number in the bureau. As to the Dividend Cash they took it over and placed it right into the Double Cash and I did not loose a penny Smiley Happy Made the change by phone to a CSR and I did get a new account number. The wait to change back if you don't like the DC is 45 days (Federal Law).

Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi - Dividend or Double Cash


@ArmyVietVet wrote:

Product changed my Citi Dividend American Express to the Citi Double Cash MC. Everything remained the same and in the credit bureau all the info was the same except they replaced the account number in the bureau. As to the Dividend Cash they took it over and placed it right into the Double Cash and I did not loose a penny Smiley Happy Made the change by phone to a CSR and I did get a new account number. The wait to change back if you don't like the DC is 45 days (Federal Law).


That's nice because you go from $50 min redeption to $25.   I wonder if I can convert mine into a second DC just for that  (Lilke OP, I was hoping for drug stores on the Dividened, but not such luck)

Message 5 of 8
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi - Dividend or Double Cash


@longtimelurker wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

Product changed my Citi Dividend American Express to the Citi Double Cash MC. Everything remained the same and in the credit bureau all the info was the same except they replaced the account number in the bureau. As to the Dividend Cash they took it over and placed it right into the Double Cash and I did not loose a penny Smiley Happy Made the change by phone to a CSR and I did get a new account number. The wait to change back if you don't like the DC is 45 days (Federal Law).


That's nice because you go from $50 min redeption to $25.   I wonder if I can convert mine into a second DC just for that  (Lilke OP, I was hoping for drug stores on the Dividened, but not such luck)


Citi Dividend categories are worthless for my spend but then I need to add the US Bank Cash+ VS as equally worthless to me now. Still have a Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard so maybe before I die they will have some useful categories as there isn't a Macy's Store within 220+ miles and I don't shop them anyway (Goodwill is my style). Smiley Wink Yes, I did go to the $25 redemption. Citi really gets it for the Citi Bank bottom line but as a customer, they are so out of it (other than some of their remaining travel cards and the Double Cash). In reference to drug stores as a category ... that was one of my last US Bank Cash+ VS categories that was nerfed for 2015. As many readers will probably notice I am biitter!

Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi - Dividend or Double Cash


@MstrPTato wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Hey folks, was wondering if anybody had any insight for this.

 

I have been thinking about PC'ing to the Double Cash since it's introduction, as my Dividend really hasn't had rotating categories that are useful to me. I had held off, hoping for the drugstore category (and admittedly was going to MS the $300 cap) in Q1, but no avail. As a student living in an apartment, most of the categories don't make sense. Q3 and Q4 are the only potential ones I would use. But, my voice would be 3% on "travel and entertainment" and I have a Surpass for Hilton spend. My Cash + I could always rotate to department stores/electronic stores if need be (assuming they aren't eliminated).

 

I guess my real questions are as follows (since I've pretty much talked myself into this PC)

 

1) Does account history stay the same?

2) Once I PC, as the Dividend is discontinued, there is no chance to PC back to Dividend, correct?

3) Do the account terms stay constant (I figure CL would, more interested in statement dates and APR)

4) Does the cash reward I have built up thus far transfer over into DC's reward account?

5) Can I ask for this PC over secured message?

 

Finally, is there any reason I'm overlooking to keep the Dividend over the DC?


I did mine back in September and haven't looked back! Answers below:

  1. It will stay the same but the account number will change. Mine did atleast because it was a World card. The PC won't convert the World to the DC.
  2. According to the CSR, you have, I think, 60-90 days to PC back if you don't accept the new terms. (You won't want to go back!)
  3. My APR didn't change, nor the CL. I did lose the flex but never charge more than my CL on the card anyway.
  4. The cash will transfer and you can cash out above $25. So if you have $40 in rewards, you can cash out after PC is complete.
  5. I tried both SM and Chat, needed to call in. I hate calling! It was painless, but worth it!

Like you, the categories were worthless. I like the 2% and PIF so I don't care about the 1%+1%.  

 

Let us know how you make out!


Hey folks, I am updating this thread as a new cardholder of the Double Cash!

 

A couple of points that I thought were of note (and one I haven't heard any other posters mention)

 

1)My account # did not change (never had WMC even with my 5k+ CL)

2)MY CSR told me that my "Dividend Dollars" may not transfer over, but then offered me a $25 statement credit as a goodwill gesture (only had 13.01 in my cashback account)

3)the time to change it back is 45 days

 

I think the CSR was incorrect (MYFico usually knows more than frontline CSR's), so I'm pretty sure I just got a $25 "Conversion (as Citi calls a product change)" bonus. Has anyone else heard of this happening (w/ Citi or others)?

 

I LOVE my Double Cash already Smiley Wink, and just like that Citi just got put back into my wallet

 

 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 7 of 8
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi - Dividend or Double Cash

Congrats! You just made $25! It will transfer over! My account must have changed because it was a World card originally.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.