Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Declined

tag
YoungJay18
Contributor

Citi Forward Declined

i just applied for citi forward and spoke to a representative and they said i got delined cause i have to many inquieres when i only have 4 like seriously guys Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Forward Declined

It's probably some other reason. Your credit score is probably not that good. 

Message 2 of 8
YoungJay18
Contributor

i dont know cause i called em back to speak with some one new and they gave me the same exact thing i know people with 10 inquires who got approved quick than they told me theyd want me to check my equifax report and call em check for errors and fax them the updated version of it

Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

You probably have too many recent inquiries, any in the past 6 months?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

What I've found is that if an issuer wants to approve, they'll overlook the inquiries, however many they may be.  Conversely, if they don't want to approve, even 2 could be considered "too many" inquiries.

I've noticed that even on my approvals, I receive a letter stipulating that I didn't receive the best interest rate or terms for too many inquiries, too much available credit (or too little), and too high of a balance. 

Message 5 of 8
YoungJay18
Contributor

well i believe all 4 actually are with in the 6 months 2 declines 1 approval ( Capital One Journy ) and this decline

Message 6 of 8
YahComb
Established Contributor

Citi is one of the more inquiry sensitive issuers. They usually do not like to see many recent inqs or new accounts.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 7 of 8
YoungJay18
Contributor

alright so by december 2 of my inquieries would be over 6 months old what do you think about me re applying than

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.