Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum denied cli help!

tag
anthill927
Established Member

Citi Platinum denied cli help!

First and foremost, this is my new favorite website. I learned about credit early and I have had a credit card since I was 18 and I am 22, I had a credit hit because of death in the family and my credit took a dip to 600, was 15000 in debt on my cards but over 2 to 3 weeks have paid off 10000 and Now I have 9 accounts, discover 1750 zero balance, 2 capital one cards 750 and 1500 both zero balance, chase freedom 1500 zero balance, a macys with 1500 balance, a paypal 1700 with 500 balance,best buy 1856 zero balance, walmart card 1500 balance zero, amazon 2400 balance zero, bill me latwe 801 balance zero, and 3 citi cards 1200 balance zero, thank you 4000 balance 1000 and diamond 4000 balance 3500. wow that took alot to type. lol anyway i checked my credit today and experian went from 592 last month after my funeral expenses to 660 and this is without all the reports so should be higher next month. Anyway, the citi 1200 was the only card I didnt use, and to be honest I never use the platimnum it always has a balance of 30 and i pay it off and has the same balance, next month It will be 4 years since I had the card, never got a credit limit increase. I asked for one today and it was a soft pull but I was denied and they used a credit report 2 months ago when my credit was 580 and not the newer one, said I had high balances when all of them are paid off now. What should I do? I would like all these to get an increase after reading but I would like to know my chances and hope someone could help. Should I ask them again? I have been with them for 4 years next month I would like an upgrade or more credit to not use. I never use my credit cards, used to run a 700 plus score but had to pay for my mother entire funeral by myself with no insurance to cover. what are my chances of getting increases?

I want to be in the 700s again!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum denied cli help!

I know Citi is INQ sensitive.

Message 2 of 12
anthill927
Established Member

wb my other accounts? do you think I can get an increase through them? Im in my 6 month period with my other 2 citis, I have had capital one for 4 years. nothing. now that capital one is over best buy I can kiss that cli goodbye. lol 

Message 3 of 12
TrishN
Established Contributor

wrong my husband apply for citi card. he has 20+ inquiries on each credit reporting agency !. still online approval instantly.but they ugly about drop your credit limit when you hit to max CL.

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 4 of 12
beb86
Valued Contributor

@anthill927 wrote:

wb my other accounts? do you think I can get an increase through them? Im in my 6 month period with my other 2 citis, I have had capital one for 4 years. nothing. now that capital one is over best buy I can kiss that cli goodbye. lol 

I think with citi your diamond balance is what is hurting you. Things with Cap1 seem to have slightly changed as the seem more lax with CLIs. I would also try for the CLIs on your other accts.. its worth a shot....and sorry to hear about your mom..you are in the right place. 

What are your current CS?

Message 5 of 12
beb86
Valued Contributor

@TrishN wrote:

wrong my husband apply for citi card. he has 20+ inquiries on each credit reporting agency !. still online approval instantly.but they ugly about drop your credit limit when you hit to max CL.

I wouldn't call my theory wrong but more of a case of YMMV. The fact that your DH was approved with 20+ INQs on each report is amazingly uncommon but can happen... When I app'd for a citi card last year the reason the gave me for denial was that I had too many INQ, even when I reconned I got the same statement. 

Message 6 of 12
anthill927
Established Member

Well I don't know off hand I don't remember I'm not at my computer but I think trans 641 equ 663 exp 650 this was before all my new balances were reported with zero balance. But citi I feel like has always been unfair to me lol and capital one but I Didnt know about cli that much until this website.
Message 7 of 12
anthill927
Established Member

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with abbreviations what does dh mean?
Message 8 of 12
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@anthill927 wrote:
I'm sorry I'm not familiar with abbreviations what does dh mean?

DH means dear husband or darling husband.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 9 of 12
anthill927
Established Member

Oh that comment wasn't even for me sorry. Lol
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.