Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Pre-approval

tag
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Citi Pre-approval

What happened to the Citi pre-approval? They have the link to the site but it says that it is unavailable at this time, is this the case for everyone, and has anyone had this happen before? 

I am wondering if there is any precedent set to think it will come back online, or I should just go an apply. I am willing to apply, but I just got approved for Amex Plat, and would like to see how they feel about the recent hard pull before I give it a shot.

Thanks!

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Pre-approval

I believe Citi took away the pre-qual site at the beginning of Covid-19.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi has been VERY inquiry sensitive during Covid they can pull eq so if plat hasn't posted you can give it a shot you can also use the Home Depot prequalify for an idea at least for me HD prequalify goes away for appx 90 days after an inq on eq or ex

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SDMarik wrote:

What happened to the Citi pre-approval? They have the link to the site but it says that it is unavailable at this time, is this the case for everyone, and has anyone had this happen before? 

I am wondering if there is any precedent set to think it will come back online, or I should just go an apply. I am willing to apply, but I just got approved for Amex Plat, and would like to see how they feel about the recent hard pull before I give it a shot.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, it's anyone's guess whether the pre-qualification link will return anytime soon - no precedent can be established. If you're interested in a particular card, just pull the trigger.  Just keep in mind that Citi can often pull 2 separate CRs.

How many inquiries or new accounts have you had in the past 6-12 months?

Message 4 of 8
SDMarik
Established Contributor

As of right now I have 3 inquiries total, and 2 in the past 12 months, on EX

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SDMarik wrote:

As of right now I have 3 inquiries total, and 2 in the past 12 months, on EX

What about EQ?  

Just keep in mind they can pull 2 CRs in a variety of cases.

Message 6 of 8
SDMarik
Established Contributor

EQ is the same, 3 inquiries total, 2 in the last 12 months.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their sensitivity is usually 6 months I say go for it

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.