Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity balance due not correct

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Simplicity balance due not correct

I had a purchase for $76.49 that got refunded a week later. Both the purchase and the refund show on my statement from last month, yet my statement indicates I have a balance due of $75.24 (the amount after the 5% credit they automatically apply). Why is it showing  a balance due for that amount when that transaction was refunded? Am I missing something? O.o

https://i.imgur.com/N9jQKb1.jpg

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity balance due not correct

I think you should call them and ask.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Simplicity balance due not correct

You're showing a prior balance of $134, a payment of 57.51, the purchase for $76.49, credits (refund + cashback) of 77.74.  Add those together and you have a remaining balance of 75.24.

Your starting balance is 76.49 higher than your payment, so did the purchase get charged twice?  What does the transaction detail show?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.