cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank you Preferred or Citi Double Cash Back?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Thank you Preferred or Citi Double Cash Back?

I currently have a Citi thankyou Preferred card. As far as rewards /cash back goes is the Citi Double Cash Back a better deal? I'm torn on whether or not I should convert my card. I feel as thought the cash back would be better. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Thank you Preferred or Citi Double Cash Back?

Convert it for sure. The Double Cash is straight 2% on everything and is a MasterCard which is pretty much unbeatable for every day spend.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes, take the Double Cash!!!!

Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, if you have the TYP, the DC is going to a better earner.   The slight exception would be on the 2x categories, if you have a Premier or Prestige as well, then 2 TYP is worth more than 2%.   But... if you have the Premier or Prestige, you put the bonus spend on those, so you really don't need the TYP!

It's a slightly different question if you are applying for one or the other.  Usually no bonus with DC, some bonus with TYP.  So in that case,  some might find it worth going with the TYP and PCing later on.

Message 4 of 6
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

CDC. I just pc'd Diamond Preferred to Double Cash.

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as rewards /cash back goes is the Citi Double Cash Back a better deal? I'm torn on whether or not I should convert my card. I feel as thought the cash back would be better. Any input would be helpful.

Even without the info above you can always run the numbers for your spend and compare.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.