Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi cli question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi cli question

If you try for a cli and don't get approved, and then try again a few months later, does the six month wait start from the last time you applied for a cli or the first time? Tried once at the end of October, and then again in the middle of January. Citi double cash card
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi cli question

I think it is 6 months from an approval.  I requested one about a month ago and was denied.  I requested one less than 5 minutes ago and was approved for a $3500 increase. Also a citi DC card.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok then. I might try in April, for a late birthday present hopefully lol
Message 3 of 8
mikelo22
Established Contributor

YMMV I think.  Some can request another SP CLI just a month later after being declined.  I've also heard others having to wait 180 days.  I meant to say 90 for declines; I think it's always 180 days wait for approved SP CLI's.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikelo22 wrote:

YMMV I think.  Some can request another SP CLI just a month later after being declined.  I've also heard others having to wait 180 days.  

This. In my experience I have been able to a SP CLI request within 2 months of the initial request. So I guess it is indeed YMMV.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was delcined a SP increase one month and the following it was approved.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 months from the last approval. Clock doesn't reset when you're denied. Tried this successfully with the wife's DC yesterday night.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had similar results as others. Denied one month and then approved a few months later. As with everything, YMMV.

Questions: How many times have you asked for a CLI? How long has your account been open? What are the denial reason(s)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.