Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CitiBank Simplicity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CitiBank Simplicity

So, After reading through these forums for the last few months; Decided to take a shot at this card.

October I was approved with Cap1 at 500

Jan 3rd applied for walmart and approved for 300

Jan 3rd applied to Citibank simplicity-online app said could not approve online wait 30 days for written decision.

On the 9th I called the app status line and spoke to a out of country rep. She said I was declined because of a new credit deliquiency. She made it sound like a credit card deliquency.

I have one credit card back from 08 when I was part id theft. Never got that taken care of on my Credit history.

She said if I fax a new report with credit bank deliquency off my report they would overturn it.

Should I recon or can i?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: CitiBank Simplicity

Wish I could assist you, but my only experience with Citi is a decline.  In fact I applied to Citi last year in April and my wife did at the same time.  Both of us got declined. I had a CO still reporting, and their excuse for declining her was" too many accounts with zero balance" or some crap like that.  They keep sending her offers, though.  I never get preapproval offers. Probably a good thing. 

* edited to correct ommision of a word

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 2 of 8
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Dont worry or feel bad there are many better lenders than Citibank. They seem to gone downhill in the last five years. None of there cards are really appealing there are better cards out there like Chase Freedom and Discover IT

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 8
Anarchy
New Contributor

You never mentioned your scores?

..by the way, welcome to this great community and forum!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry about that. MY score when I was applying for the CITI card was 584 TU- I know its very low but i've been monitoring my Credit Karma score and brought it up from 503 to 596.  And thank you!

Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry about that. MY score when I was applying for the CITI card was 584 TU- I know its very low but i've been monitoring my Credit Karma score and brought it up from 503 to 596.  And thank you!

Although I do not currently have any Citi cards IMO your score is the reason for the decline.  Congrats on bringing your score up!  To help more, whats your credit profile like ...Besides the new cards listed do you have any others ?  baddies ? length of AAOA ?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have two open lines of cards- walmart and cap1.

I have two student loans reporting as paid till I stop going to school

AAoA- 4 years,1 month

Back in 2007 my wallet was stolen. It had my CCs, SSC, and birth cert.

Neg accounts

Chase CC-3000 but line was for 900 and overused in another state till 1700-ID theft

M&T auto loan- paid less- CO

First Premier -- CL of 300 for some reason they are trying to collect 412

Collections

Dish sat-338

Hospital bill-1204

town house rental-left 1 month before lease ended- 1200< bought and sold to this cred- orig amount of 900

Message 7 of 8
lsdiamond
Established Member

I probably would contact that negative credit card company explain to them the account is fraudulent due to identity theft. Also tell them to delete the inaccurate account from your credit reports because you are not liable. Then dispute it with the credit reporting agencies at the same time. Once the negative account is deleted recon the decision. From my past recon experiences with Citibank sending in the same credit report with that same negative item still reporting will most likely decline the reconsideration.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.