cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank AAdvantage Executive - Max Limit?

tag
devacraze
Valued Member

Citibank AAdvantage Executive - Max Limit?

Does anyone have, or has anyone seen, a limit above 100k for this Citibank card? My current limit is 100k and I have had the card for around five years. I’d like to call and request they raise it to 150k or so (just because), but if there is some known 100k max limit on this product, I wouldn’t bother
This is the only Citibank card I have, if it matters.

Thank you forum friends.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank AAdvantage Executive - Max Limit?

someone mentioned them having an aggregate limit of 100K.  Obviously if you have other cards then this wouldn't be the case across the board.  

If you're not using a significant portion of it you'll likely get some pushback from them wanting to know why you need 150K on it.

Message 2 of 7
devacraze
Valued Member

I do use it regularly. It’s my main card and I’ve actually had balances of over 100k (up to around 120k) on it. Utilization is zero right now, though.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then to me it makes sense to get it bumped up even though it's Flex Spend already.  I would probably aim for the EO or a relationship manager though vs calling the CSRs as they wouldn't be able to approve such a request due to the high limit.  

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, CLs above $100K exist for that specific CC. It'll be a HP and may require POI or 4506-T depending on your overall Citi exposure, banking relationship, etc. One caveat, if you're using <10% of your present CL or very infrequently, it's unlikely they'll budge but YEMV.
Message 5 of 7
devacraze
Valued Member

Just wanted to follow up as I forgot to do so at the time. They raised it to 150k without any real fuss once I escalated to the head office. 

They did a hard pull but no tax return verification. That was almost a year ago and I will likely go back to the well to raise to 200k plus soon. 

As a datapoint, I have no other banking relationships with Citi. 

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update on the CLI.  Since you mentioned the event took place almost a year ago, this thread is now locked to new messages.

If you eventually receive a higher CLI at some point, please feel free to post in the Approvals section.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.