cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Double Cash Surprise! (WEMC)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Double Cash Surprise! (WEMC)

Anyone try asking for a new issued card and seeing if that card comes as a WEMC?  I noticed one post a guy said he lost his card and was issued a new card with new number and that card is a wemc.  Just an idea I guess.  I can't get mine changed to wemc.  Tried calling, tried EO.  Nothing.

Message 161 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

will report back Smiley Wink

Message 162 of 203
slippy84
Contributor

I had to close my DC World Mastercard a couple days ago due to fraudulent charges. Got the new cards today and was excited to see they are now World Elite. I have had this card for a year and still have my introductory APR for the next 3 months or so. My CL is $9600 and my FICO scores are usually 770-780
US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 163 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to Citi Live Chat. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. How may I help you?

Hello Sebastian.

A very good morning to you.

Hi i lost my Citi® Double Cash Card 

I’m sorry to know that your card was lost.

To ensure your financial security, I would recommend you to report the card as lost/stolen where we will block the old card and reissue a new one. 

You can certainly do this online and I'll be happy to walk you through the steps right away.

Please do let me know once you are ready.

I'm ready

That's great.

Please click on ''Profile and settings'' tab on Citi home page on the blue bar.

There you see the option ''My security''.

Under that you see the option ''Report as lost or stolen credit card''.

Please go ahead and send us the message and let me know once you are completely done with it.

Okay i found it 

That's great.

Please send us the message and let me know once you are done with it.

Secure message sent 

Sebastian, We will certainly go ahead and block the lost card and send a new credit card to your mailing address and you will receive it within 5-7 business days.

Thank you

I hope this information was helpful to you, Sebastian.

It's a pleasure to assist our valued client. May I answer another question for you today?

That is it for me today. I appreciate your help on LIVE chat. thank you

My pleasure, happy to help you always as a loyal customer to Citi. 

I wish you have a great week ahead and take care, Sebastian.

You too. 

Gotta love LIVE chat Smiley Happy Replacing it is not the same as reporting it lost or stolen because your numbers stay the same. You can request online for a replacement if your card is damaged or needs an upgrade CHIP technology but you'll need to report it lost or stolen by calling so they could change the numbers which i found you could do via LIVE chat if you're phone shy Smiley Tongue 

Message 164 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well do let us know what you get.  I have another question, I've been a citi customer since the early 90's.  I product chaned to the double cash last year but kept same account number.  Will getting a new replacement card with new number and everything affect your credit??

Message 165 of 203
dumaine
Regular Contributor

I had the Diamond Preferred and PC'ed to the DC last September like quite a few others. The card expired this month. Received my replacement DC and it has been upgraded to World.

Message 166 of 203
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Just reported mine as lost. Let's see what they send me in the mail. It's only 5 months old, though, so most likely it won't be a WEMC, but only time will tell.

Message 167 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well do let us know what you get.  I have another question, I've been a citi customer since the early 90's.  I product chaned to the double cash last year but kept same account number.  Will getting a new replacement card with new number and everything affect your credit??

People lose their cards and are victim of fraud everyday nothing like that should hurt or effect your credit if you or your bank should close your account and reissue you a new card. Ita for your own good. Only when you apply and give permission to pull your credit will it effect your credit report. Otherwise the date open will stay the same and other card will just say reported lost or stolen. Close. It would effect your credit and cause harm if issuer close it because you did not pay or default. But for replacing it, no. 

Message 168 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dumaine wrote:

I had the Diamond Preferred and PC'ed to the DC last September like quite a few others. The card expired this month. Received my replacement DC and it has been upgraded to World.

Theres 2 differences replacing it and getting a complete new one with new numbers. Expired cards will be same numbers just different expiration date and 3 digit code. 

Message 169 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

I recently had some fraudulent activity on my Citi DC card so had to order a new replacement. During that call I did get a CLI and today the card came in the mail and to my surprise it was upgraded to a WEMC! This is my first World Elite Mastercard and I'm pretty happy that the DC is a no AF card.

anyone know how to identify a world elite under ''card benefits'' when you log onto your Citi Double Cash account or you have to wait until you receieve it ? 

Message 170 of 203
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.