Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Chase Sapphire

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Closed Chase Sapphire

Makes no sense to have this card open anymore, anyways, called Chase Recon because I was not able to get a credit limit increase on my Chase Freedom because I had too much available credit with them, so what we ended up doing is close the Chase Sapphire which had 2.2K available and moved over to the Chase Freedom, making it to 5.7K. The process was quick and painless, I just wish I didn't ask for the CLI because it's a HP, I should have done this from the beginning...

My initial CL was 3.5K on my Freedom and I asked for a 6.5K CLI.

Couple weeks ago I was approved for a Merrill+ 5K from BoA.

They pulled my Experian score and the reason of the CLI decline was because of the following:

• You already have the maximum amount of credit we can offer
  • You have too many active accounts or too much available credit

Anyways, happy with the outcome, no more CLI or credit card apps for me until next year.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Closed Chase Sapphire

Good move 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed Chase Sapphire

Ultimately it boils down to whatever fits your goals/needs so... at least Chase was flexible to shift/reallocate your CL and now you have a larger CL on your Freedom.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.