Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my Buckle Card

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Closed my Buckle Card

Closed my Buckle Store Card... it's the 1 Shopping Cart Trick that I regret and I have used it once and have no intention to use it again so decided to close.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed my Buckle Card

Oh man, I nearly spit out the water I was drinking reading the title and seeing you'd posted it Cat Tongue

Well done senor!

        
Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Revelate wrote:

Oh man, I nearly spit out the water I was drinking reading the title and seeing you'd posted it Cat Tongue

Well done senor!

Only to make room for his Walmart Cc. Smiley LOL
Message 3 of 14
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

At your cap with Comenity accounts huh? Smiley LOL
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 4 of 14
afr4life06
Contributor

Lol i totally understand. I did the shopping cart trick for it too for $250, and i only bought one thing. I have being trying to tell myself to buy one more thing, but there is really nothing from there that i would want or wear. lol i will be doing the same thing. The Express shopping card being calling me, but i think i might be down with store cards for now. I might also try to see if they will give me a CLI before i cancel lol

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 5 of 14
mrcredit7
New Contributor

Relevate, I did spit out my water! !!! Had this card since last summer, have gotten cli of 2,3, even 10k on all my prime & store cards and buckle has kept me at a measly $700 with perfect credit history...been denied 3x before 9 months & 2x after..now they say a HP is require for cli..oh yeah even got upgraded to the black card..worst shopping cart trick card ever...still kicking myself. .should have gotten Victoria Secrets!!!! Lol
Message 6 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

I closed mine last year. I went to Buckle store. I didn't like what they sell. No regrets!

Ron.
Message 7 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Well done senor!

Only to make room for his Walmart Cc. Smiley LOL

Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, I closed mine last year.  I shopped there sometimes in high school, but they're generally overpriced and the rewards aren't good.

Message 9 of 14
StarTraveller19
Valued Member

I closed mine 3 months ago.  It was the first card I got through the shopping cart trick over year ago at 250 cl and never received a cli.  Only bought one item and never had an interest in buying anything else.  Only disappointing thing was it was  the only card at that time that had a zero balance and my credit score dropped 11 points when I closed it. But my scores jumped back up over 30 points as I brought my other card balances down to zero.  Something to think about.

Starting Score: 545 Current Score: 701 Goal Score: 750+

BOA Signature $25K | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Citi Prestige $11k | Ritz Carlton $20K | Chase Sapphire Pref $7K | Advantage Aviator $14.4K | Citi Advantage Gold $9.3K | CapitalOne QuickSilver $7K | Barclay Apple $6.3K | CapitalOne Journey $3K | West Elm $4K | Ann Taylor $3.3K | J Crew $6.3K | Victoria's Secret $2.9K | Crate And Barrel $20K

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.