Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining capital one cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining capital one cards

Hey, this is my first post but I’ve been following the forum off and on for a while now.

A little background. When I was younger I absolutely destroyed my credit in every way imaginable. About 2 years ago I began to rebuild starting with the cap one platinum $300 CL followed shortly after by a milestone card also $300 CL. Now here we are 2 years later and I have 3 cap one cards the platinum $600 CL quicksilver one $1750 CL and venture $5000 CL I’ve heard of combining cards but I have a few questions on how that works exactly. So I guess my main question is can I combine my 3 credit limits together into the venture? If I can how would that work considering my platinum was opened in August 2017 QS1 opened in March 2018 and venture opened in March 2018 so how would that affect me given that my 2 oldest cards would be merged into the newest one what affect if any would that have on my AAOA.

And insight regarding combining cards is appreciated!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Combining capital one cards

Cap1 is currently not doing account combinations. It's unclear when, or if, it will return.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining capital one cards

Thanks for the reply! Yeah stupid me, I recalled reading about it and seeing it on their website some months ago looks like right around the time they removed it. Well **bleep** that blows. On the upside though I did learn something new while reading the forum. By closing my old accounts it won’t affect my AAOA for 10 years which is great news. I can finally get rid of this **bleep** milestone card without a worry 😅
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.