Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLD

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Comenity CLD

Hi all! 

Haven't posted in a very long time! But was wondering if anyone after maybe 6 months or so was able to get CLI's again from Comenity. I had fraud on my bank account that made me miss my payment on several of my accounts. This created a red flag to them and they went through all of my accounts and cld me. They stated because I had never used the max available credit they didn't want to take any risks which is understandable. But I do want to make purchases with them in the future but they decreased it down to the dollar I had available. I feel like giving up but I've had this accounts the last 4-5 years.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity CLD

Just be glad they didn't close them!  If the bank account situation has been rectified, let the dust settle and give the accounts some time to recoup those CLs.  It may take a while, but that's only if you decide to keep them.  Synchrony is also well-known to CLD or closing accounts due to similar situations.

Message 2 of 23
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Thanks FinStar,

Might wait a year then see what happens. I had about 40k available on PotteryBarn so the drop to 8k definetly hurts lol but I'll let the dust settle!

Message 3 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

Thanks FinStar,

Might wait a year then see what happens. I had about 40k available on PotteryBarn so the drop to 8k definetly hurts lol but I'll let the dust settle!

Ouch!  That's a big drop.  From what I've read (although Comenity is a very odd animal) CLIs can be SP.  Some call the automated line to submit the request while others do it online.  Just be aware there may be a disclaimer that they may HP so YEMV.  Some folks have reported SP others HP.  IIRC, forum member pizza1 has had SP CLIs on this card.

Message 4 of 23
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Oh yes one night about 4 years ago I called the automated system nonstop to reach that amount then sat on it. Same with J Crew, VS, and Crate and Barrel. Only account they haven't touched is my Restoration Hardware at 20k still. I spend alot with them but at the same time never needed that much available credit BUT I will wait it out for sure I need the extra cushion

Message 5 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

Oh yes one night about 4 years ago I called the automated system nonstop to reach that amount then sat on it. Same with J Crew, VS, and Crate and Barrel. Only account they haven't touched is my Restoration Hardware at 20k still. I spend alot with them but at the same time never needed that much available credit BUT I will wait it out for sure I need the extra cushion

Perfect.  It sound like you know the drill with Comenity...and, no surprise, you have a few others!  I definitely agree just to lay low for a bit and then "rebuild" the CL(s) over time.

Message 6 of 23
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

....................................... But I do want to make purchases with them in the future but they decreased it down to the dollar I had available. I feel like giving up but I've had this accounts the last 4-5 years.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Do you mean they cut your credit line to what you owe????? If so, they may be balance chasing you and probably will eventually close the card as you pay down your balance.     If this is not the case, what do you mean they cut you down to the dollar you had available.?

Message 7 of 23
peghede
Valued Contributor

no one should have missing payments...you keep few banks with money ....no excuse to blame fraud.takes time  and hard work and perfection to have it all.especially when u care about u credit lines and credit.

sorry m8  about u cld but you did it to uself.

Message 8 of 23
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Oh no they aren't balance chasing me at all. When the did CLD they decreased all my limits to what the max I actually used. So for instance I only used 8k on my Potterybarn so they dropped it to that amount. One was Crate and Barrel never used the card but recently started to and they dropped it to almost within a dollar because maybe it happened after I made a purchase. I spoke to someone they said they wouldn't close the accounts but wanted to see more timely payments. This is the first time I had missed a payment but paid them back within 12 days but they might have been scared seeing several accounts not paid. This happened about 2 months ago and I haven't had any decreases since then.

Message 9 of 23
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

Oh no they aren't balance chasing me at all. When the did CLD they decreased all my limits to what the max I actually used. So for instance I only used 8k on my Potterybarn so they dropped it to that amount. One was Crate and Barrel never used the card but recently started to and they dropped it to almost within a dollar because maybe it happened after I made a purchase. I spoke to someone they said they wouldn't close the accounts but wanted to see more timely payments. This is the first time I had missed a payment but paid them back within 12 days but they might have been scared seeing several accounts not paid. This happened about 2 months ago and I haven't had any decreases since then.

So how much do you owe Potterybarn now?  Are all your credit cards with Comenity, if not did the other lends cut your available credit also?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.