Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Max Exposure !

tag
peghede
Valued Contributor

Comenity Max Exposure !

What's the max exposure with Comenity ,is 164k on 9 cc  to much? how many accounts is safe to have with them,are they like Synchrony (R.I.P) 100k and lexus nexus bs?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity Max Exposure !

From what I've read here lurking on the forum, yes. YMMV, however it appears as if the buzz on Comenity is to tread lightly.

Message 2 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

@peghede wrote:

What's the max exposure with Comenity ,is 164k on 9 cc  to much? how many accounts is safe to have with them,are they like Synchrony (R.I.P) 100k and lexus nexus bs?

With respect to diversity, and considering it's with a so-so issuer with avg product/ propensity for AA in response to overdeveloped profiles, yes.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks and feels like a bait post. 

Message 4 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@peghede wrote:

In my opinion anything over $00 is too much to have with Comenity, but forgetting my bias, why would you want $164k of high APR credit when if you only carry a 10% balance you are paying thousands of dollars in interest? If in fact you pay in full every month on every card with a balance, why would you want that much wasted exposure? If you are paying interest on credit cards at anything more than 2% you are killing any "rewards" or cash back which are typically no more than 2%. 

Prime cards are going to start telling you "you have enough open credit lines". There is no reason to have a $25k credit line on a store card that you might charge $500 to $1000 on - the utility factor is only good if you are carrying a balance and with Comenity that comes at a high $$$ APR. $25,000 in bank card credit is worth much more than $164k in store card credit IMO.

It's like buying a $100,000 car and not being able to qualify for a mortgage = improper financial planning. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.