Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Sportsman's Guide CLI request declined..questions

tag
jaebsf
Contributor

Comenity Sportsman's Guide CLI request declined..questions

I was rather surprised by this. The account is just a couple months old, but I've used it every month and always PIF. And credit is generally very good, 730+ on all three. I called but got someone who couldn't answer any questions. The important unanswered questions was if they did are HP or SP when I did the request online. Anyone know? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
d12
New Contributor

Re: Comenity Sportsman's Guide CLI request declined..questions

It's a SP if done online.

Cap One Quicksilver ($10,000); Barclays Rewards WMC ($7200); Lowes ($4050); Wal-mart ($3250); HSN ($1800); Amazon ($2300); Sportsmans Guide Visa ($1400); Target ($700); Victoria's Secret ($900)

EX: 806, EQ: 780, WM TU: 806
Message 2 of 6
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Several of the comenity cards wont allow a CLI for the first 6 or 9 months, under any circumstances. SGV might be one of those. 

Any time I have called for a CLI its  been a soft pull, but thats just my experience. Online CLI is defintely a soft pull. 

CARDS: CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 10K | NORDSTROM STORE CARD 2K
Message 3 of 6
RebuildingFlorida
New Contributor

when my TU score jumped almost 100 points from Tax liens coming off the report - i applied for a cli.  They told me when I called in that not for at least 6 months from opening.  I know some people got increases right after the initial app - but they were no.  My TU score at the time was 788.

Message 4 of 6
jaebsf
Contributor

Yeah to the replies thus far. I called again and got a rep on the phone who seemed to know what she was talking about and tried to be helpful. She said they generally do not give CLI on these account until they are at least 9 months old. She did offer to refer it to "risk management" for review, which could result in the increase I was seeking. But that would result in a hard pull. Which of course clarified the question about the initial decision...it was based on a soft pull. So, I won't be asking again on this accout..which means it will see little use. Shame, I actually shop often at Sportsman's Guide. The addition 2.5% off with this card is cool. I thought about racking up some rewards points, to get Sportsman's Guide discounts, by using the card at other merchants. I almost bought airline tickets with this card recently, that would have racked up substantial rewards. But didn't want to get so close to the credit line I have. So Sportsman's Guide VISA is little more than store card for me. Good thing I have great accounts with banks that treat me like a valued customer. Last month picked up wth phone called Barclay's 14K CLI in less than five minutes and a 10K CLI at Bof A in about the same time. Both hard pulls but worth it and I actually use both cards alot.  Thanks everyone here for the info on this issue. This is a great resource!

Message 5 of 6
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

I will say, once the waiting periods are over, the CLIs are pretty easy to get.
CARDS: CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 10K | NORDSTROM STORE CARD 2K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.