Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

@tiffanie97 wrote:

Right. I just saw on Facebook where someon said they are moving to MasterCard. Not sure if that's true yet. I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

I had to quickly step away to keep from apping ! Smiley Very Happy Sure hope this is true, would be a nice upgrade for the accountholders!

Overstock used to have a MC version back in the day. They still advertise it on certain pages.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 101 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my letter today too. We'll see if/what they announce anything for a transition on Friday as has been stated above.

Message 102 of 582
blindambition
Senior Contributor

If MasterCard is possible, that's an improvement. MasterCard/Visa have more value to a consumer. Also the reclassification might not be a negative on auto scores.

Message 103 of 582
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my letter today too. We'll see if/what they announce anything for a transition on Friday as has been stated above.

How did you get your letter. Is it an email or did it come in the USPS Mail ?

Message 104 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly, Comenity is also freely giving out closed-ended lines of credit for Wayfair purchases. Perhaps this is a response to the uncertainty this year, and a way to gain back customers shedded in closing revolvers. 

Message 105 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How did you get your letter. Is it an email or did it come in the USPS Mail ?

It came in my secure message center in my online account.

Message 106 of 582
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

If MasterCard is possible, that's an improvement. MasterCard/Visa have more value to a consumer. Also the reclassification might not be a negative on auto scores.

These three states ban auto insurers from basing rates on credit information >> California, Massachusetts, and Hawaii.

Message 107 of 582
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It came in my secure message center in my online account.

Okay. Thanks. I guess I'll keep an eye on my secured message center. They just opened the account 30 days ago. It is ridiculus.

Message 108 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't see this thread until this afternoon, after I placed a small ($120) order this morning! They gave me the option of paying over 6 months, which I took because I wanted to show usage after not using it for a while.

I haven't received a letter yet. I opened the card via regular application a year ago with a starting CL of $1,000. My account currently has a $9,600 CL and roughly 2% UT with today's purchase.

Thank you to those who have made phone calls!

Message 109 of 582
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good riddance. Wayfair will be better off without Comenity. I might even sign up with them again when a new lender picks up their portfolio.

Now if only Ikea and Williams-Sonoma can kick Comenity to the curb...

one can dream.

Message 110 of 582
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.