cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card


@Janus wrote:

I don't see any perks to having a store specific card


Perpetual zero interest     

1. 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 months on all purchases Wayfair

2. or.....3% savings (Lowe's 5% savings or 0% financing >$299 HD also, Sam's Club 5% gas & $100 per day cashover)

3. don't have to call in to have interest rate lowered, simplicity

ETA:

4.  These limits are large or grow large to enable some great purchase financing.

"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"
Message 51 of 582
rgninja
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

This sucks. I was just contemplating a few purchases on the site too. Anyway, I still haven't gotten a notification that they are closing down the card but the cli button is gone from my account. 


Moving away from big banks and building my credit union relationships
Message 52 of 582
longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card


@GApeachy wrote:

@Janus wrote:

I don't see any perks to having a store specific card


Perpetual zero interest     

1. 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 months on all purchases Wayfair

2. or.....3% savings (Lowe's 5% savings or 0% financing >$299 HD also, Sam's Club 5% gas & $100 per day cashover)

3. don't have to call in to have interest rate lowered, simplicity

ETA:

4.  These limits are large or grow large to enable some great purchase financing.


And Target (credit or debit):  5%, free delivery etc.   Not all store cards are equal (good or bad), just like bank cards!

Message 53 of 582
ImTheDevil
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card


@rgninja wrote:

This sucks. I was just contemplating a few purchases on the site too. Anyway, I still haven't gotten a notification that they are closing down the card but the cli button is gone from my account. 


I haven't been notified either, only the missing CLI button in my account.



Platinum NPSL | Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | FNBO Prime Visa | PenFed PCR | Navy cashRewards | Navy Platinum | Apple | IT Cash | IT Chrome | GHSFCU Visa Plat | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Sams MC | Firestone | Overstock | Kohl’s | Key Bank auto loan (2017 Audi A6 Premium Plus S-Line)





Message 54 of 582
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

Sorry everyone affected by this closure

Wayfair would never pop for me on SCT

Hopefully somebody will pick it up


3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>12/2020 CCT EX 821 TU 826 EQ 840


"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Major Kong (Slim Pickens) in Dr. Strangelove 1964
Message 55 of 582
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

So I tried calling and they aren't even open on Sunday anymore.   I'll try l8r.

"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"
Message 56 of 582
rgninja
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card


@Meanmchine wrote:

Sorry everyone affected by this closure

Wayfair would never pop for me on SCT

Hopefully somebody will pick it up


This makes me wonder how much business was generated for them with sct cards? 


Moving away from big banks and building my credit union relationships
Message 57 of 582
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card


@Meanmchine wrote:

Sorry everyone affected by this closure

Wayfair would never pop for me on SCT

Hopefully somebody will pick it up


I never got an SCT offer eitherSmiley Sad

Message 58 of 582
Iwpal7
Established Member

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card

I certainly hope they don't choose Synchrony.

Message 59 of 582
coreyb80
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity shutting down Wayfair Credit Card


@Iwpal7 wrote:

I certainly hope they don't choose Synchrony.


Agreed!

Message 60 of 582
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.