cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compass Bank, what is wrong with them???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Compass Bank, what is wrong with them???

After talking to their branch manager for a while I decided to open checking account with them and got pre-approved for 20k Visa Signature or 20k LOC. He explained that they will do a hard pull and will approve me for 1 of the 2 products. I chose LOC. After that I signed all the papers, got a "welcome package" stating my credit limit is 20k.., Just logged in to my banking online... available credit 2k... Some kind of mistake?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Compass Bank, what is wrong with them???

@Anonymous wrote:

After talking to their branch manager for a while I decided to open checking account with them and got pre-approved for 20k Visa Signature or 20k LOC. He explained that they will do a hard pull and will approve me for 1 of the 2 products. I chose LOC. After that I signed all the papers, got a "welcome package" stating my credit limit is 20k.., Just logged in to my banking online... available credit 2k... Some kind of mistake?

You'll have to contact the bank to see what the misunderstanding is about, perhaps you were eligible for CL up to 20k?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really. I signed the paperwork for 20k LOC and got the welcome package in the branch

Message 3 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

I'd return to the branch to let them know about the discrepancy.  

@Anonymous wrote:

Not really. I signed the paperwork for 20k LOC and got the welcome package in the branch

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

NOPE they are idiots, used to bank with them asked for a Mortgage, PULLED TU in 07 4 TIMES THE SAME DAY!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update. Called them today, got transfered to the person who opened my account originally.... He said 2k is just an overdraft protection for my checking account which is available in case I overdraft and will be a part of the 20k line. The line will show up soon as it is a credit product and takes a little longer. He also said if I need funds immediately I can stop by at the branch and withdrawSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like the OP's problem has been resolved.  It always helps to get complete information about one's situation before getting concerned about any malfeasance.  This thread will now be permanently locked.

Please, let's refrain from calling people out, regardless of your opinion about how a situation was handled.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.