Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comprehensive CLI Thread - Updated 2/18/17

tag
Bonafacio
Established Member

Comprehensive CLI Thread - Updated 2/18/17

I started a little late and began gardening so I was wondering how often I could request a CLI, what method to go to avoid HP and how frequently I could do it for them to consider. I tried to search and read through posts, but they seemed outdated. So I figured we could get a thread going where people could input what they know and we could consolidate it in one place. I totally understand that there is no guarantee of any approval. This is purely just data collection. This would be good to see which creditors would allow a self initiated SP's and which ones to avoid for an automatic HP. Can't promise everything will be accurate. But if we collaborate, we could throw together an easy reference to get a general idea. I'll get on every couple nights and update it. If there are any inaccuracies, we'll lean towards the majority. Figured I could start with the major creditors, lump co-branded cards together and start to branch out from there. Thanks to everyone for their input from the last thread. Hopefully we can get something together here. Feel free to contribute and give any feedback. 

Updated up to Post #8.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Aahz
Established Contributor

Re: Comprehensive CLI Thread

Message 2 of 13
Bonafacio
Established Member

Ah, I posted looking for something like that the other day. Guess that solves that. Thanks!

If wanted, we could go a little further with more creditors if people were interested. I guess mainly the frequency, unless they all default to auto 6 months. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about Wells Fargo? They've been stingy and I want a CLI but am afraid of HP
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahz wrote:

There's a ton of CLI datapoints at http://www.doctorofcredit.com/credit-cards/which-credit-card-companies-do-a-hard-pull-for-a-credit-l...

This super great information.  I didn't see a date published but judging by the reader's comments, it may have been published in December 2014.  

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did 2 CLIs with Wellf Fargo Propel card. Never got any HP. Both times I was approved but for less then I wanted, they added about 20% on top of the credit line both times. 

Message 6 of 13
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What about Wells Fargo? They've been stingy and I want a CLI but am afraid of HP

After about 6 months of regular use, you can call your customer service to see if you are eligible for a soft pull credit limit increase. 

I got one CLI via soft pull couple months ago.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done one and they said in branch it might be a HP but you won't know until after.

They gave an increase from $2100 to $2400 lol

Compare that to NFCU going from 1k to 13.5k definitely one of the reasons my WF card gets almost no use
Message 8 of 13
JC_NuJeru
Valued Member

Re: Comprehensive CLI Thread - Updated 2/18/17

Thanx for the guide. Excellent resource.

IN GARDEN UNTIL Dec 2017 Starting Score May 2014 EQ: 586 Feb 2017 - Scores EX: 713 TU: 723 EQ: 717 Goal Score: 750 +
Amex PRG - NPSL, Cap 1 QS Rewards Visa - $10,000, Amex ED - $16,000, PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $15,000, Discover IT - $6000, Cap 1 QS One MC - $4250, Chase Freedom - $3,500, Citi Visa - $5100, Macy's - $8500, BOA Visa - $2500, DCU Visa - $2000, Best Buy - $2000, Cap 1 Platinum MC - $1800. Utilization @ 7%
Message 9 of 13
drmceo
Contributor

Re: Comprehensive CLI Thread - Updated 2/18/17

Great thread. Lets see if some of those blanks can be filled in.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.