cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate AMEX card not showing up on my credit report. WHY?

tag
homewardbound
Contributor

Corporate AMEX card not showing up on my credit report. WHY?

I have a corporate American Express card that does not show up on my credit report.  I thought that it would.  Does anyone know why it would not?  I am in the process of trying to buy a home and was just wondering if high balances on my corporate account would negatively impact my credit score.  Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Corporate AMEX card not showing up on my credit report. WHY?

@homewardbound wrote:
I have a corporate American Express card that does not show up on my credit report.  I thought that it would.  Does anyone know why it would not?  I am in the process of trying to buy a home and was just wondering if high balances on my corporate account would negatively impact my credit score.  Thanks for the help.

If it is issued to a "Corporation" then I would think it would show up on it's report, since a Corporation is an entity by itself.

Now if the card is issued to a business you own where you have liability, such as a Sole Proprietor or Partnership, then I would think it would show up on your report.

I worked 25 years in the gaming industry and had a Corp Amex Card I used when I had to travel on business and it never showed up on my personal credit report.

Message 2 of 4
MattH
Senior Contributor

@homewardbound wrote:

In most cases when the company directly pays AMEX the account won't appear on the individual's credit reports.  In my own case, for example, the personal AMEX Gold Card that I've had since 1982 appears on my reports but the Corporate Card from my employers since 1998 never does.  My Corporate Card is only for work-related purposes, and is directly linked to our online expense reporting system: all charges automatically appear in our internal accounting system, and after approval by my boss are paid automatically by electronic funds transfer.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 4
homewardbound
Contributor

Thank you very much.  I had thought otherwise.  This card was issued by the company I work for.  I just wanted to be cautious about carrying those high balances prior to paying off expenses since I am buying the house, but I guess I don't have to worry about it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.