Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Reporting

Is it normal for credit card companies not to report your payment for a couple of months? I have two credit cards whose last reporting was April 2011. I have made the payments for May and June and now July is due Friday. I paid decent amounts to lower my utilization, but the new balances never reported. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Card Reporting

Moving to the CC forum.

Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Card Reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it normal for credit card companies not to report your payment for a couple of months? I have two credit cards whose last reporting was April 2011. I have made the payments for May and June and now July is due Friday. I paid decent amounts to lower my utilization, but the new balances never reported. 

Which CCC's are they, and how are you checking whether they've updated? (credit monitoring service, pulling your own reports, etc.)

If you've pulled a recent report (one without a balance update), check your demographics --address, etc. Anything different popping up? Does your name get misspelled often? Are other accounts updating? Have these cards updated regularly in the past?

Store cards often don't report every month if they show a $0 balance, but you said that you're paying down your balances, so it doesn't sound like that's the case.

If other balances are updating, there's a good chance that these card companies have somehow messed up your personal ID info, so your recent balances aren't getting applied to your reports, because it doesn't match up. Off the top of my head, that's the only reason that I can think of why an account would not be reporting to all three bureaus, as long as other accounts are still reporting, and if this has updated in the past. But it's weird that it's on two cards, unless they're from the same issuer.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.