Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card

I am happy that I applied for a citi double cash card and got approved my question is how does it work. And how long does it take to arrive.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:
I am happy that I applied for a citi double cash card and got approved my question is how does it work. And how long does it take to arrive.

Congrats on your new card!

7-10 days to get there, unless you requested expedited delivery via phone. 1% cash back is earned on new purchases at statement cut. 1% cash back is earned for every dollar of payment made.  Minimum of $25 is required to redeem. Can be redeemed as statement credit, mailed check, or direct deposit to account of your choice.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help
Message 3 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the DC. I love this card. It will probably be around a week to get it in the mail. 

As for the rewards, you get 1% just for making a purchase, and you’ll get the other 1% once you pay off that purchase. All cashback is awarded at the statement cut, so don’t be looking for it to add up daily.

Enjoy! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, just a super friendly piece of advice moving forward... definitely do your research before you apply for products.  I fear you were possibly a bit quick to the trigger with your app and that perhaps it wasn't even planned (your sig suggests you were gardening until 2020).  While doing this once isn't going to kill you, repeating [unnecessary] credit-seeking behavior on a so-so profile is only going to prevent it from strengthening.  If you make it a rule that you must do a ton of research on any credit product you're interested in before apping for it, you'll find far less impulse apps.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your advise I will restraint myself from applying like crazy for credit once again thank you
Message 6 of 14
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

7-10 days to get there, unless you requested expedited delivery via phone. 1% cash back is earned on new purchases at statement cut. 1% cash back is earned for every dollar of payment made.  Minimum of $25 is required to redeem. Can be redeemed as statement credit, mailed check, or direct deposit to account of your choice.

You will probably have to make a few payments from your bank account before you will be able to direct deposit your rewards to it.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 7 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that you shouldn't take your cash back as a statement credit, because they don't count the statement credit as a payment, so you lose out on the 1% on the payment end. You're better off having your rewards direct deposited into a checking account and then paying from that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 14
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

One more bit of advice is don't pay off charges early.  Wait until they fully post before paying them.  Any amount paid above your current balance will not earn 1%.

That said, I would recommend paying the card down before statement date so that you get cash back on that payment on this statement instead of the next.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that you shouldn't take your cash back as a statement credit, because they don't count the statement credit as a payment, so you lose out on the 1% on the payment end. You're better off having your rewards direct deposited into a checking account and then paying from that.

Huge info on the statment credit good stuff !

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.